Why are you waiting for the Nexus One on Verizon?

This is a discussion on Why are you waiting for the Nexus One on Verizon? within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; My reason is because I have a contract with them. Yours?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are you waiting for the Nexus One on Verizon?

Why are you waiting for the Nexus One on Verizon?

My reason is because I have a contract with them.

Yours?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

because verizon has the best network. i'm just waiting for the next android phone for vzw. n1 or incredible. both should be available in april (latest). i can wait. i'm not in a rush to pay $30/mo extra for the data plan.

U answered my reason why in your question. since its verizon. and i also agree with mach. im gettin whichever comes first. im sick of this blackberry

Because you have a bad case of the dumb
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Yeah, VZW is the better carrier, but as time goes by Im getting more and more tempted to go to AT&T and just get it over with...
    Bought the AT&T N1.

What defines a "better carrier"?

Well in Chicago, AT&T has horrible service, dropped calls, slow data becuase the network is over saturated with iPhone users...so VZW is all round better. I have them now, have never dropped a call, data is fast, and service is available everything including where AT&T does not have service.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I would never switch to a CDMA device for 2 or 3 reasons even if they have better coverage.

1). I switch phones alot. I have a 3GS, 9700, N1 and I like the felxibility of moving my sim from device to device. maybe I feel like carrying the 3GS when I go out tonight all I have to do is switch sims. I use the Blackberry data plan that works with all 3 devices.

2) Sometimes I am on a conf call and need access to data while on the call. Can't do this with CDMA. (voice and data and the same time that is).

3) I travel to Asia once or twice a year and it looks like the N1 on Verizon will not be a World phone.

I am a much bigger fan of GSM technology as it is a global standard and much more felxible then CDMA.

If you don't change phones often, don't care about having the latest phone, have no interest in iPhones, do not travel globally and the network is the most important thing then go with CDMA.

My reason is because i would rather use a more reliable network like Verizon and hopefully they will offer a lower priced phone like t-mobile is. If it keeps taking this long I might as well wait for the Evo on sprint. This sucks

Quote Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
    2) Sometimes I am on a conf call and need access to data while on the call. Can't do this with CDMA. (voice and data and the same time that is).
    Is this true?

Also, I thought the GSM devices were still locked to their carriers? (You have to choose compatible with ATT or TMobile)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links