Unlocked?

This is a discussion on Unlocked? within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I'm trying to buy a Nexus One on eBay, and the one i'm trying to get is on the Videotron network. I live in Australia, ...

Thread: Unlocked?

Unlocked?

I'm trying to buy a Nexus One on eBay, and the one i'm trying to get is on the Videotron network. I live in Australia, and i need an unlocked handset to use here on Optus. I've read on the net that all nexus ones are factory unlocked.

Is this true? can anyone confirm that the Videotron nexus one is carrier unlocked?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I can nexus one is not lockable they just aren`t made for it and this is by chose of Google so Videotron won`t change that anymore than t-mo or at&t would. Note I have not bought one but I just know it.

Cool, Thanks

The only thing you may have a problem with is I don`t know if Videotron give phones off contract so you may either have to pay a contract termination fee or pay for it the length of your contract. Although for this I don`t know because I am not a Videotron user.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    The only thing you may have a problem with is I don`t know if Videotron give phones off contract so you may either have to pay a contract termination fee or pay for it the length of your contract. Although for this I don`t know because I am not a Videotron user.
    I confirm that you cannot simply buy the N1 without any subscription. In order to buy the N1 at Videotron, you will need to subscribe to their mobile service for at least 30 days while buying the telephone at its retail price ( 479.95$ CA, ATM). Otherwise, you will get a penality fee when unsubscribring.

In your case, mickstarify, since its on Ebay, there shouldn't be any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeiMoSs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    I confirm that you cannot simply buy the N1 without any subscription. In order to buy the N1 at Videotron, you will need to subscribe to their mobile service for at least 30 days while buying the telephone at its retail price ( 479.95$ CA, ATM). Otherwise, you will get a penality fee when unsubscribring.

In your case, mickstarify, since its on Ebay, there shouldn't be any problem.
    Oh sorry I forgot about the eBay thing when I posted that my bad.

Don't forget to buy an AWS N1 ... It's the T-Mobile one ...

Yeah of course, also i won the nexus one! $400 US. very happy right now

Hello everyone,
    I'm a newbie and hope everyone will be fine.My name is james nuten and i living in USA. I really like the topics of this forum And i hope that you will allow me to participate in this forum for a long period.

Thanks.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links