Updating Videotron's N1

This is a discussion on Updating Videotron's N1 within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; That is true, because of all you guys I am now finally running Gingerbread. Seems to run much smoother than the Videotron ROM for some ...

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Updating Videotron's N1

That is true, because of all you guys I am now finally running Gingerbread. Seems to run much smoother than the Videotron ROM for some reason.

A few of my apps didn't restore correctly with MyBackup for some reason, but I just re-downloaded them and re-installed. The other issue was that I had new contacts for each person that I ever sent an email too in Gmail instead of the ~25 or so contacts that I had before the backup. Otherwise everything went well.

Question? If I remove the Videotron.rom will this void the warranty? "do the PASSIMG method to remove the videotron ROM and flash back the original android rom"
    Thanks

Absolutely warranty safe. And youll get better signals and will run smoother.

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

I want to clarify this again, if I remove my videotron rom and update to date the android original rom's and by also installing the GingerBread your say this won't affect my warranty?

Do I need to do any backups? Example: apps or contacts

Is it possible to backup my original videotron rom? if yes how can I backup it up?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thesnow View Post
    I want to clarify this again, if I remove my videotron rom and update to date the android original rom's and by also installing the GingerBread your say this won't affect my warranty?

Do I need to do any backups? Example: apps or contacts

Is it possible to backup my original videotron rom? if yes how can I backup it up?

Thanks
    yup. the only thing that voids the warranty is if you unlock the bootloader. (wich stays locked with the passimg method.) No need to backup your contacts since they are backed up on the google server, linked with your gmail. (they will be loaded when you setup your gmail account on the phone) You can backup your apps with titanium backup but you need to be rooted to do so, but then again, your app list is backed up within your gmail account tru the market. you just have to re-download 'em tru the market "my apps" list and if you use the wifi and your internet limit wont bust.

you can backup your rom with rom manager, but then again you need to be rooted. For instance, I did not backed up my videotron rom, pretty useless since you have a stock rom you can flash if something goes wrong and passimg wont void the warranty. (wich is hardly to happen since passimg method is pretty simple and safe)

Ok I will give it a go..
    Thanks

And if I may add, I've used MyBackup to backup all that I could. It doesn't require root but doesn't backup all of your settings however.

Be prepared to lose some of your high scores and saves in your games though

oh yeah i forgot about mybackup thanks

Hello everyone,

I haven't searched through the whole topic (way too lazy right now), so I don't know if my link has already been posted.

But, I have done a complete step-by-step tutorial on how to get your stock Videotron Nexus One back to the original Google build without having to use the passimg method (which in fact flashes the radio to an older version, so Videotron could actually find out that you messed around with it, unless you flash it back to the stock Videotron radio file)

Everything is on my site: *Moderator removed it...* so just search "gravufo videotron" on google and it should be the first link

Enjoy and share

Edit: heh, I stopped being lazy right after I posted and saw that everyone is actually talking about my tutorial xD awesome!

unless you unlock the bootloader, videotron doesn't care bout the rest

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links