Updating Videotron's N1

This is a discussion on Updating Videotron's N1 within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Actually ipeck that's not entirely true if you have any tipe of moded software they will cut your warranty. The only reason that we say ...

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Updating Videotron's N1

Actually ipeck that's not entirely true if you have any tipe of moded software they will cut your warranty. The only reason that we say that unlocking the bootloader is the only thing that voids your warranty is because it is the only thing that is irreversible because everything else the passimg method will get you back to stock.

Just to clear it up

Heres my experience. I sent in for exchange 2 N1, 1 with rooted stock 2.2 and the other with CM6 on it and I had no comeback from em.

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

O.O That is the most shocking thing I've herd all day do they not care or do they just not know that is the question

One thing I know is that they are noobs with android and rooted stock phone is no problem. Maybe they don't care or maybe I slipped tru the cracks for the CM6 one ? lol

Indeed, they are very noob with Android.

Not only that, but they barely check the phone when you want to exchange it with a new one...my power button had stopped working after a month or two, brought it back, all the girl did was press the button once, it worked...she was like AH it works...then I told her to press it again and again and again...she saw it was working once on four times. She took the phone, gave me a new one and bam that's it.

I'm pretty sure all they do is just send it back to HTC, they don't even recheck it afterwards or so.

Quote Originally Posted by gravufo View Post
    I'm pretty sure all they do is just send it back to HTC, they don't even recheck it afterwards or so.
    you may be just right

I went ahead and did it, used Passion-FRG33.zip - Google, Nexus, One,, N1,, Passion,, FRG33 (Passion-FRG33.zip) and then
    Gingerbread OTA update.zips for Nexus One and Nexus S - 87 MB Full N1 Update Added! - xda-developers Nexus One GRI40 FULL, no dependencies (tested and working from FRG33)***)
    Update all works fine, happy about GB, I can finally edit may emails by coping and pasting them on to another email, big plus!!
    I also notice Partenaire still works when videotron signal is weak, I remember reading somewhere that the Partenaire would stop working, but in fact Partenaire still works.
    Can't really tell if the signals strength are better.
    Thank you for all your help ... I may one day end up rooting..

Partenaire works and will until videotron network is all up and running everywhere. Even on partenaire 3G there should be no roaming fees

Partenaire is working cuz its linked to videotron's APN.

after going left and right up and down and giving as much bad words i could, i can announce i switched to 2.3.3 easily, now its even upgrading to 2.3.4 i think, and i didnt have to mess with the APN settings, evrything worked out of the box....

thanks to the buddys around here, you are gods (especially when i go to the store deal with the asian guy to have him to upgrade it.... (its gonna come...thats what she said !)

(edit) false positive i had to re-enter the apn infos, but now evrything looks fine.

btw, is any of you using the illico feature on new 2.3.4 or is it custom to videotron 2.2 ? (/edit)

illico is an app that you download from videotron's mobile site. Should work with 2.3.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links