Updating Videotron's N1

This is a discussion on Updating Videotron's N1 within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Just to clarify, there is no Illico app. It's a mobile site that you log into from your phone to access your PVR. It's not ...

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Updating Videotron's N1

Just to clarify, there is no Illico app. It's a mobile site that you log into from your phone to access your PVR.

It's not that great either because it only works with the PVR on your account, so if like me your PVR is on your home account and your phone is provided by the office, it's 2 different accounts so it doesn't work.

If I want to connect to my PVR, I have to navigate to the regular version of Videotron's site and log in, it's a real pain since the site isn't formatted for mobile browsing.

clarify what ? yes there is. (talking about watching illico tv and works with stock rom) I had it on my phone. here : Videotron Mobile Store (maybe you'll have to login to see the page)

but you have to subscribe to the service to be able watch tv on your mobile and you can have access to your pvr too tru the app, if not a illico mobile subscriber you'll be charged 1,50$ an hour to watch. If your not a subscriber and don't want to pay, you then use the regular free illico web site (with your regular videotron account user login, access pvr and watch tv).

i personally now use the free web version to watch tv over wifi on my phone and works pretty good. (cuz I don't like the fact that have to pay for a service that is offered for free over the net even though the app was neat !)

Oh wow... sorry about that, the Videotron tech that I talked to told me that there was no Illico app... good to know that support knows their products...

you said it right

Stock ROM

Hi,
    I hope I am not missing something here, I tried following the procedure to get my Nexus One back to Stock from the Videotron ROM to be able to update but I am on a Mac and I can't make it work.
    Would it be too much of a trouble to have some guidance here?

By the way, I contacted Videotron and I was told there will not be an update to 2.3, they are skipping this version altogether and will release an update until the next release.

I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you.

Well what can I say?

You are giving absolutely NO details, how am I supposed to help? Here is a start though:

The procedure was made with multi platform in mind. Everything should work correctly. The commands may differ slightly, but everything else should be just fine. SuperOneClick (the rooting program) should also include a Mac-compatible executable file. Else, just find z4root on the net and install the apk on your phone and then root, it brings to the same spot.

Good luck!

PS: Just updated my site with new links for the Android SDK as well as a newer version of SuperOneClick. Also updated the "Back to the past" section by using GingerBreak instead of SuperOneClick

is for Gingerbread

Hello everyone,

I would like to upgrade to Gingerbread. I have N1 OS 2.2, with Videotron

I found gravufo tutorial : pages.videotron.com/gravufo/android_flash_en.html

Does it allow me to upgrade to Gingerbread or to some earlier version. If not can you send a link to tutorial with installation instructions?

Thank you all

I am losing your time here….thank for your mail iPeck.

I think I understood. When I am done with the tutorial when I restart the phone I will start receive notifications about upgrade for Gingerbread etc. Is that correct ?
    NIce day

Yes or you can just flash the update yourself mail me when on stock google rom ill help with your update if you did not receive the ota

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    Yes or you can just flash the update yourself mail me when on stock google rom ill help with your update if you did not receive the ota

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak
    Thanks for helping out answering the questions iPeck, it really helps me out with my very busy schedule and my crazy temper :D

Really appreciated ^^

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links