Updating Videotron's N1

This is a discussion on Updating Videotron's N1 within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Np. I love helping people with trashing that tweaked os. Lol *Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak...

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Updating Videotron's N1

Np. I love helping people with trashing that tweaked os. Lol

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Merci iPeck et gravufo

Hi All,

Here what I did : I wasn’t successful with gravufo method. After I tried PESSIMG, it was flawless and fluid. I followed the procedure described by iPeck. After the installation of original Froyo I lost the 3G function. The phone wanted to upgrade so I turned on the wi-fi. It installed right away the Gingerbread without other upgrades. Without a problem.
    Be patient.
    After the installation there was still no 3G. So I followed the steps described by gravufo – where is written only for Videotron users (http://pages.videotron.com/gravufo/android_flash_fr.html).
    And it worked.

I would like to thank to iPeck and gravufo for their support. And to other people contributing to this forum.

Merci beaucoup,

Bonne journée

Yeah when flashing a new rom you have to re enter your apn settings

Pleasure to help

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

1. the renamed file PASSIMG must be in capital letters?
    2. the new version of superoneclick use DOS command or you can run it from windows 7"

1. Usually you can name it PASSIMG, passimg, Passimg and everything in between.
    2. Superoneclick doesn't use DOS commands it's just a regular software, but if you want to use gingerbreak without superoneclick then yes you need DOS but DOS is still in windows 7 just go to run then type cmd or open command prompt it's all the same all you need is a terminal.

why not to use "superoneclick" and "ROM manager" instead of Gravufo tutorial? sorry Gravufo, I'm just wondering. it seems way easier with ROM MANAGER.

Because Gravufo's tutorial is for the passimg method which will bring you to a stock ROM while staying unrooted, while if you use superoneclick you get root access which some people don't want they just want to be able to upgrade there android version.

but he uses superoneclick, isn't he?

No he uses passimg it's a method to flash a shipment rom onto your phone.

wtf? Who said I use passimg?

I used to use passimg back in september 2010, because I was still a newbie with Android. The passimg function is still very useful if you ****ed up something, but to do what we want to do, it's much more efficient to use SuperOneClick (or any rooting method) to be able to save the original ROM.

I have the latest version of SuperOneClick on my website and that's what I tell you to use in my tutorial.

When you want to go back, I assume that you are on Gingerbread and thus tell you to install Gingerbreak instead, since SuperOneClick doesn't work yet with Gingerbread

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links