Updating Videotron's N1

This is a discussion on Updating Videotron's N1 within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; i did get videotron rom off my phone too... I'm in laval, i dont get switched to partner... weird lol and yeah they are more ...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Updating Videotron's N1

i did get videotron rom off my phone too...

I'm in laval, i dont get switched to partner... weird lol

and yeah they are more busy building the network, thats for sure...

Now that i took off videotron's rom and have the latest update from android what will be the procedure to put gingerbread on the nexus one ones it comes out? Do i just go on the phone and click search for updates? or will i have to do the PASSIMG method again? thanks

I don't think anyone can tell you that because Videotron will probably push out there version to the nexus ones on their network. But if you don't have the original Videotron ROM it might not let you upgrade to 2.3 but they might also send out an update to the original ROM for the people with a stock nexus one on their network (unlikely) but besides it shouldn't be hard to do the passimg method again right?

Don't worry goonieboy, if you have installed the official sysimage (FRG83D), you will be notified of the OTA when Gingerbread will be ready.

When I installed the FRG83 build over my N1, the minute I rebooted the phone after the flash, I received a notification about the FRG83D update. I did it and it worked.

The update 2.3 of Videotron, IMHO, will probably be "ignored" by our unlocked phones, or if not, won't work because the signature will be different. But, we will already be at 2.3 waaaaay before I think...

Quote Originally Posted by kusanagi View Post
    Don't worry goonieboy, if you have installed the official sysimage (FRG83D), you will be notified of the OTA when Gingerbread will be ready.

When I installed the FRG83 build over my N1, the minute I rebooted the phone after the flash, I received a notification about the FRG83D update. I did it and it worked.

The update 2.3 of Videotron, IMHO, will probably be "ignored" by our unlocked phones, or if not, won't work because the signature will be different. But, we will already be at 2.3 waaaaay before I think...
    Same here i took the FRG83D update right after i did the PASSIMG method and like you said there is a 99.9% chance that original gingerbread update will be out before the videotron one.. thanks guys

Btw, you might wanna get rom manager to flash new roms. Easy n fast

sent from my Nexus One via Tapatalk (probably in my bus)

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    Btw, you might wanna get rom manager to flash new roms. Easy n fast

Do you mean to back-up the rom i have now? can you please give me an example? thanks

P.S. By the way to use rom manager your phone most be rooted? but my phone its rooted i only did the PASSIMG,right?

The passimg doesnt root your phone... to root it without voiding the warranty, use superoneclick...

And with rom manager youll be able to backup your rom using clockwork mod recovery (built in RM)

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    The passimg doesnt root your phone... to root it without voiding the warranty, use superoneclick...

What would be the benefice or advantage of rooting my phone? compared to just leaving like this after doing Passimg? thanks

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links