Updating Videotron's N1

This is a discussion on Updating Videotron's N1 within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; rooting will take you 10 mins max.... With rom manager you can backup your actual rom before flashing a new one and get back to ...

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Updating Videotron's N1

rooting will take you 10 mins max.... With rom manager you can backup your actual rom before flashing a new one and get back to it if needed. (you wont need )

I didnt make a backup of videotron rom, i'm using root stock 2.2 and no problemo.

with passimg method, flashing a new rom is easy as 1, 2, 3

(I must be lucky cuz I never had wifi issues...)

in the meantime you can try wifixer

Quote Originally Posted by Frostback View Post
    Yeah, I probably will eventually, but right now I *need* a phone and don't want to screw with it too much.

Can I get it back to Videotron stock if I need to?

Man, I can't wait to fix the wifi handling, because I can't get it to log to my home wifi consistently.
    I was thinking the same way you are i was afraid to screw up my phone but i decided last week to do the PASSIMG method to remove the videotron ROM and flash back the original android rom and i got all the latest updates and my phone is going way better and my signal keeps being strong even to i go in a walmart or costco before when ever i entered those stores my signal would go down to 1 bar and sometime i lost the signal but not anymore and now my phone doesnt connect to a partner network like it use to do when i was close to videotron's limits.
    But i didnt root my phone yet and i don't think that i will but removing the videotron rom is the best thing you can do its easy and you really can't screw anything up

Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    I was thinking the same way you are i was afraid to screw up my phone but i decided last week to do the PASSIMG method to remove the videotron ROM and flash back the original android rom and i got all the latest updates and my phone is going way better and my signal keeps being strong even to i go in a walmart or costco before when ever i entered those stores my signal would go down to 1 bar and sometime i lost the signal but not anymore and now my phone doesnt connect to a partner network like it use to do when i was close to videotron's limits.
    But i didnt root my phone yet and i don't think that i will but removing the videotron rom is the best thing you can do its easy and you really can't screw anything up
    yeah I convinced him :P

Its a fact that the phone is more efficient with a stock rom rather than videotron tweaked restrictive rom.

*Basically, passimg method is to put, let's say FRG33 (2.2) as a passimg file on your sd, reboot the phone while holding vol - key and the phone will scan the file and ask you if you want to install, select yes... thats it and you'll be free

afterward, you'll get an OTA for 2.2.1. Take it or not. I don't, I personally likes 2.2 better.

*You'll have to add back the videotron APN in mobile networks, so you can access the 3G network.

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    yeah I convinced him :P

Its a fact that the phone is more efficient with a stock rom rather than videotron tweaked restrictive rom.

*Basically, passimg method is to put, let's say FRG33 (2.2) as a passimg file on your sd, reboot the phone while holding vol - key and the phone will scan the file and ask you if you want to install, select yes... thats it and you'll be free

afterward, you'll get an OTA for 2.2.1. Take it or not. I don't, I personally likes 2.2 better.

*You'll have to add back the videotron APN in mobile networks, so you can access the 3G network.
    Yeah its true Thanks again iPeck

P.S. Why do you say you like better the 2.2 instead of the 2.2.1?

i experience less bugs with it (touchscreen sensitivity and issues, force closes, etc..)

As 2.2.1 doesn't bring nothing new to my everyday use (and got the same look), i'll stick to 2.2.

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help me install a stock rom on my Nexus One while using a Mac? I've currently got the Videotron rom on it. I've tried using Garufo's instructions, but I'm having trouble following the instructions because of a lack of a dos prompt. I wish I had a PC to do it with, but at home and at work I've only got access to a Mac.

I'd really like to be able to get OTA updates, and I've never been able to get them since I'm using the Videotron rom.

I've already rooted the phone using Universal Androot

Well to flash a ROM you don't need to have a computer at all. All you need to do is instal ROM manager (market app) then flash a recovery, either clockwork or Amon RA if you want to have access to ROM managers features I suggest clockwork mod. Then you can just go into ROM manager and download a ROM that you would like to flash like a stock rooted one or you can try a custom one like cm6.1.1 cause if your going to be rooted you might as well enjoy the custom ROMs.

Then once you download the ROM you will have a notification to flash it first there will be a box that says gapps you click on that if you want Google apps (market and such) then in the second box there are to options I suggest you select the first option which is make a backup of this ROM the second one (something like wipe data and cache) you must select if you are flashing cyanogen mod or almost any custom ROM but if it is just stock to stock you should be able to get away with out a wipe. But it's really no big deal because if you need to whipe then just use an app like titanium backup to backup your apps and your good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by kusanagi View Post
    Yes, I am. I had to do it, to remove the applications I don't use: FB, Twitter, Amazon...
    But I got the problem before I rooted the phone. It's strange because when I switched to the "partner" network, it is considered "roaming" and data is not allowed (by default) and the problem does not occurs. It's only when I totally lost a cell signal.
    I have the EXACT same problem on our two new Nexus One (one is running stock 2.2.2) and the other is running CyanogenMod 7 nightlies.

This issue is driving me nuts. Anyone who solved it? Even with "Auto-sync" disabled, I still have the issue when I lose signal (like when I get into the Metro in Montreal).

I have the problem either whenever I lose signal. I'll get the dreaded Google sign-in dialog. Anybody solved this issue? It's driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    The passimg doesnt root your phone... to root it without voiding the warranty, use superoneclick...

sent from my Nexus One via Tapatalk (probably in my bus)

I got my N1 yesterday and had it activated this morning.
    I routed my phone with SuperOneClick method ( How To: Root Your Android Phone (SuperOneClick Method) | TheUnlockr ). BTW, I had to install PdaNet to make my WinXP system see my N1 via USB cable.

Good instructions and video at this link.

From ROM Manger (Installed yesterday), I installed "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and then did a "Backup Current ROM".

Now I'm trying to decide on which of the many ROMs avail I should put on my N1,.. any suggestions as to why a specific one ?

Cheers!

++++++++++++ Update ++++++++++++

Nevermind,.. after trying a few different ROMS I think I found a winner

CyanogenMod7-v1.4-FINAL
    It is fast and by far the best one I have tried, it's a keeper,...
    It even has a really nice FM Radio App,..

In case anyone is interested,.. here it is, just follow the links ,...

Cheers!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links