Updating Videotron's N1

This is a discussion on Updating Videotron's N1 within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; **********...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Updating Videotron's N1

And the winner is,..

[quote=col2000;92163]
    Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    Nevermind,.. after trying a few different ROMS I think I found a winner

CyanogenMod7-v1.4-FINAL
    It is fast and by far the best one I have tried, it's a keeper,...
    It even has a really nice FM Radio App,..
    I couldn't agree more!
    I put CM7 RC1 on my N1 two days ago and couldn't be happier. Even the earpiece is noticeably louder! That quiet earpiece was the one thing that bugged me about the N1. It was a joke to setup too, with SuperOneClick root and ROM Manager.

NS,.. how do you like the battery life,.. have you played with the CPU clocking features available in CM7 (Over/Under-clocking)

Cheers!

Yeah, the battery life is definitely worse than the stock 2.2 roms. I can't get more than a day's use out of it. Its interesting though, I seem to have constant battery drain, regardless of usage. I'm going to figure it out, but haven't had time yet. Charging in the car on my way to/from work is keeping me happy for now. How is your battery life? Have you done anything to make it better? How is your service with videotron, I set you are in Confab too.

Yeah I noticed the battery drain as well. Since I have had the phone for very little time and loaded CM7 shortly after receiving it, I wasn't with the stock ROM long enough to know if this was normal or due to CM7.

I have turned off some features that may probably save battery life and plan to play with the clock to reduce cycles when phone is idle,.. I believe CM7 has this feature.

Yup I live right around the corner,...

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kusanagi View Post
    Don't worry goonieboy, if you have installed the official sysimage (FRG83D), you will be notified of the OTA when Gingerbread will be ready.

When I installed the FRG83 build over my N1, the minute I rebooted the phone after the flash, I received a notification about the FRG83D update. I did it and it worked.

The update 2.3 of Videotron, IMHO, will probably be "ignored" by our unlocked phones, or if not, won't work because the signature will be different. But, we will already be at 2.3 waaaaay before I think...
    Same here i took the FRG83D update right after i did the PASSIMG method and like you said there is a 99.9% chance that original gingerbread update will be out before the videotron one.. thanks guys

So I'm stuck with Videotron version as well.

So to get regular updated version I think I would have to switch to google's stock ROM, correct?

So I guess I would have to just download the PASSIMG.zip file to the root folder of my SD card and basically install it, correct?

That's about it, and I'm ready to roll?

With proper passimg file, your good to go. Only reboot while holding vol down. (Of course named : passimg.zip)

Install frg33 (2.2) and install the updates (update.zip method), in order, to get to 2.3.3

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aviccur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kusanagi View Post
    Don't worry goonieboy, if you have installed the official sysimage (FRG83D), you will be notified of the OTA when Gingerbread will be ready.

When I installed the FRG83 build over my N1, the minute I rebooted the phone after the flash, I received a notification about the FRG83D update. I did it and it worked.

The update 2.3 of Videotron, IMHO, will probably be "ignored" by our unlocked phones, or if not, won't work because the signature will be different. But, we will already be at 2.3 waaaaay before I think...
    Same here i took the FRG83D update right after i did the PASSIMG method and like you said there is a 99.9% chance that original gingerbread update will be out before the videotron one.. thanks guys

So I'm stuck with Videotron version as well.

So to get regular updated version I think I would have to switch to google's stock ROM, correct?

So I guess I would have to just download the PASSIMG.zip file to the root folder of my SD card and basically install it, correct?

That's about it, and I'm ready to roll?

You should do it its worth it,GB is so fast compared to the videotron rom you have right now.
    And like others say when will videotron send out GB update,who knows??? it may take forever and when they do it will be videotron's GB rom so you will be stuck in the same boat you are now you won't be able to go get future updated you will have to wait for videotron.

Ya and gb have a true default app2sd !

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    Ya and gb have a true default app2sd !

So is there a proper thread with step by step instructions and an available link to download the 'proper' passimg.zip file?

Sorry for such questions but I'm not Tech savvy at all.

Thanks

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links