Updating Videotron's N1

This is a discussion on Updating Videotron's N1 within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Go to. : http://shipped-roms.com/index.php?category=android Select nexus one and download the file passion-signed stock Frg33.zip. Rename the file : passimg.zip and put on sd. Reboot phone ...

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Updating Videotron's N1

Go to. : http://shipped-roms.com/index.php?category=android

Select nexus one and download the file passion-signed stock Frg33.zip.

Rename the file : passimg.zip and put on sd. Reboot phone while holding vol down. It will ask you if you want to install. You'll then be on 2.2 stock rom. (You can now take the passimg file off the sd if you want)

After you have to install the 4 updates one by one to get to GingerBread (dont worry its not that long)

From the same site, grab the updates files in order (frg83, frg83d, frg83g and finally GingerBread gri40)

Take the 1st update (frg83) and renale it : update.zip and put it on sd. Reboot while holding vol down again. In the small menu select recovery (vol +- to choose and power to select) the phone will come to an android with a box screen. Now press power and vol up. (Might take 3 or 4 tries to trigger) it will ask you to apply update from sd. Select with trackball.

Repeat the steps for the other updates.

The whole thing should take you around 15 mins...

Enjoy

Sent from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Thank you so much iPeck.

I will try this in a few days since I'm just signing up with Wind Mobile (since I'm in Toronto) and I did some research and seems like those guys have the OTA working for them.

Maybe I wouldn't really need to go through the hassle, but at the same time I was told doesn't matter if the SIM card is in there or no, you should still receive the updates.

So if I'm not that means I would eventually have to us the above method.

Or do you think I should go with this regardless of my carrier (wind mobile).

I'm just a little curious as if I may have 3G connectivity problem, or this has nothing to do with it?

Argh, I just want to be safe.

They may use stock roms. Thats why. Videotron tweaks their roms so they send otas not google, so gb ota for videotron will take a long while.

After installing stock rom, youll get your otas from google not videotron. You signal will be stronger and 3g connectivity will be fine as you will re enter the apn settings of videotron (wich i posted here)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Also, just because those files have hugeeee numbers, to be clear.

1. Download: Passion_Google_WWE_2.16.1700.1_FRG33_MFG_Shipment_ ROM.zip and change to passimg.zip

2. Download: 766a101ae02c.signed-passion-ota-60505.766a101a (FRG33 to FRG83 OTA update, possibly from FRF91 too).zip and change to update.zip

3. Download: ecb21b752065.signed-passion-FRG83D-from-FRG83.ecb21b75.zip and change to update.zip

4. Download: 2854b06b22b9.signed-passion-FRG83G-from-FRG83D.2854b06b.zip and change to update.zip

5. Download: 81304b2de707.signed-passion-GRI40-from-FRG83G.81304b2d.zip and change to update.zip

Done!

Correcto? :D

Perfecto !

dont forget to remove the previous update file when doing another or youll end up with a update-1.zip on you sd

You're totally awesome. I'll tell you the good news soon!

Alright. Follow the steps and youll do good

One question: When I'm updating the update.zip file, do I have to connect my phone with computer?

Cause I see that they follow the same steps but for update.zip file, they connect with the computer.

Or can I simply do it through my phone?

Just put the file needed on the phone no need to stay connected on comp

And careful passimg n update doesnt have same steps

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links