Updating Videotron's N1

This is a discussion on Updating Videotron's N1 within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; So, well, I put the passimg.zip file on my SD card through computer because I couldn't do it through phone (cause I don't know how ...

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Updating Videotron's N1

So, well, I put the passimg.zip file on my SD card through computer because I couldn't do it through phone (cause I don't know how to). Then I rebooted the system, it read my passimg.zip file but it didn't ask me to install it, and didn't reboot.

So now i'm in the HBOOT page where it gives me options: fastboot, recovery, clear storage, simlock.

What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Aviccur View Post
    So, well, I put the passimg.zip file on my SD card through computer because I couldn't do it through phone (cause I don't know how to). Then I rebooted the system, it read my passimg.zip file but it didn't ask me to install it, and didn't reboot.

So now i'm in the HBOOT page where it gives me options: fastboot, recovery, clear storage, simlock.

What to do?
    When i installed mine i followed this
    Nexus One/Guides & Tutorials - XDA-Developers

Start on step number 2 of Unroot / restore your nexus for me it worked without any problems.

P.S. After installing the passimg.zip on your phone and shutting down your phone did you Hold down the Volume Down button as you power your phone back on

Yes to your P.S.

Also, do you think I should try again? I did follow the steps the same way stated.

One thing that i wasn't so sure about is that when i downloaded the file on my computer, i changed it to passimg and didn't put the .zip because it's already a .zip file, correct, so i do it like that, or do i have to rename it as passimg.zip? that'll make it passimg.zip.zip, no?

So I tried again to see what's going on, and this is what happens when i reboot it:

loading passdiag.zip
    no image!
    loading passdiag.nbh
    no image or wrong image!
    loading passimg.zip

then it says 'checking passimg.zip'

then it goes back to Hboot screen with those options. i've been getting out of it by going to recovery and then i just do reboot now.

what am i doing wrong?

So I tried again to see what's going on, and this is what happens when i reboot it:

loading passdiag.zip
    no image!
    loading passdiag.nbh
    no image or wrong image!
    loading passimg.zip

then it goes back to Hboot screen with those options. i've been getting out of it by going to recovery and then i just do reboot now.

what am i doing wrong?
    Renaming it PASSIMG.zip is what i did.Are you sure you renamed the good zip file? what file did you rename to PASSIMG.zip? was it the Passion-FRG33.zip rom?

Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post

loading passdiag.zip
    no image!
    loading passdiag.nbh
    no image or wrong image!
    loading passimg.zip

what am i doing wrong?
    Renaming it PASSIMG.zip is what i did.Are you sure you renamed the good zip file?
    I got the file that ipeck told me too - seems like the usual one.

Did you do it through your phone? If yeah, then how did you download it? and how did you place it in your SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post

loading passdiag.zip
    no image!
    loading passdiag.nbh
    no image or wrong image!
    loading passimg.zip

what am i doing wrong?
    Renaming it PASSIMG.zip is what i did.Are you sure you renamed the good zip file?
    I got the file that ipeck told me too - seems like the usual one.

Did you do it through your phone? If yeah, then how did you download it? and how did you place it in your SD card?
    No i plugged my phone to my computer and transfer the file there.
    Maybe there is something wrong with the file you downloaded go here Nexus One/Roms - XDA-Developers and download the number 6 rom FRG33 then rename it exacly like this PASSIMG.zip

Well, I at least know now that it's suppose to be just renamed as PASSIMG because when i double click it, it gives me file as passimg.zip.zip which is incorrect.

But now the second problem I have is that when I click on the file it says Invalid file. So maybe the file is not proper.

Now I don't know where to get this from cause I checked another place, same file, invalid as well.

Well, I at least know now that it's suppose to be just renamed as PASSIMG because when i double click it, it gives me file as passimg.zip.zip which is incorrect.

But now the second problem I have is that when I click on the file it says Invalid file. So maybe the file is not proper.

Now I don't know where to get this from cause I checked another place, same file, invalid as well.
    So did you download the file i told you in my last post?
    Nexus One/Roms - XDA-Developers

Like i said download the file number 6 ,Rom FRG33 rename it to PASSIMG.zip NOT PASSIMG.zip.zip When you have finished with this install and its successful plug back your phone to your computer remove the PASSIMG.zip file from you SD.
    Then go back here Nexus One/Roms - XDA-Developers and download the number 7 Rom FRG83 and rename that one update.zip and just follow the rest of the instruction here

• To upgrade FRG33 to FRG83:
      1. Download this signed update.
      2. Rename to "update.zip" and copy to the root of SD card.
      3. Power down your phone.
      4. Hold down the Volume Down button as you power your phone back on.
      5. Select "FASTBOOT" with Volume Up/Down buttons, press Power button when selected.
      6. Select "RECOVERY" with Volume Up/Down buttons, press Power button when selected.
      7. Press Power and Volume Up when the warning triangle icon appears.
      8. Select "Apply sdcard:update.zip".

Then the only thing left to do is download the GB file and rename it update.zip put it on your phones SD and install it.

It seems be updating the FRG33, will let you know how the rest goes. Thanks for the help. Stay tuned

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links