Updating Videotron's N1

This is a discussion on Updating Videotron's N1 within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by goonieboy Originally Posted by Aviccur Well, I at least know now that it's suppose to be just renamed as PASSIMG because when ...

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Updating Videotron's N1

Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviccur View Post
    Well, I at least know now that it's suppose to be just renamed as PASSIMG because when i double click it, it gives me file as passimg.zip.zip which is incorrect.

But now the second problem I have is that when I click on the file it says Invalid file. So maybe the file is not proper.

Now I don't know where to get this from cause I checked another place, same file, invalid as well.
    So did you download the file i told you in my last post?
    Nexus One/Roms - XDA-Developers

Like i said download the file number 6 ,Rom FRG33 rename it to PASSIMG.zip NOT PASSIMG.zip.zip When you have finished with this install and its successful plug back your phone to your computer remove the PASSIMG.zip file from you SD.
    Then go back here Nexus One/Roms - XDA-Developers and download the number 7 Rom FRG83 and rename that one update.zip and just follow the rest of the instruction here

• To upgrade FRG33 to FRG83:
      1. Download this signed update.
      2. Rename to "update.zip" and copy to the root of SD card.
      3. Power down your phone.
      4. Hold down the Volume Down button as you power your phone back on.
      5. Select "FASTBOOT" with Volume Up/Down buttons, press Power button when selected.
      6. Select "RECOVERY" with Volume Up/Down buttons, press Power button when selected.
      7. Press Power and Volume Up when the warning triangle icon appears.
      8. Select "Apply sdcard:update.zip".

Then the only thing left to do is download the GB file and rename it update.zip put it on your phones SD and install it.
    So from FRG33 I go straight to FRG83 and then GB? ipeck said to update to FRG83D and FRG83G and then GB.

Well, I at least know now that it's suppose to be just renamed as PASSIMG because when i double click it, it gives me file as passimg.zip.zip which is incorrect.

But now the second problem I have is that when I click on the file it says Invalid file. So maybe the file is not proper.

Now I don't know where to get this from cause I checked another place, same file, invalid as well.

Like i said download the file number 6 ,Rom FRG33 rename it to PASSIMG.zip NOT PASSIMG.zip.zip When you have finished with this install and its successful plug back your phone to your computer remove the PASSIMG.zip file from you SD.
    Then go back here Nexus One/Roms - XDA-Developers and download the number 7 Rom FRG83 and rename that one update.zip and just follow the rest of the instruction here

5. Select "FASTBOOT" with Volume Up/Down buttons, press Power button when selected.
      6. Select "RECOVERY" with Volume Up/Down buttons, press Power button when selected.

Then the only thing left to do is download the GB file and rename it update.zip put it on your phones SD and install it.
    So from FRG33 I go straight to FRG83 and then GB? ipeck said to update to FRG83D and FRG83G and then GB.
    Well, I can't seem to get the FRG83 working now. I followed the exact steps (excluding 5) cause I read around and it's not required. it just takes you in a fastboot mode.

I tried with the update.zip and just update.

It says, "installation aborted" once I click trackball on 'apply sdcard:update.zip'

So now what?

Yes do what ipeck said FRG83D and FRG83G then GB. Sorry i forgot there was other update before GB

Still stuck with FRG83. Followed the steps accordingly, when i click apply sdcard update.zip it starts installing but gets aborted here ....

E: verifying signature
    installation aborted.

Still stuck with FRG83. Followed the steps accordingly, when i click apply sdcard update.zip it starts installing but gets aborted here ....

E: verifying signature
    installation aborted.
    Like i said i did exactly the steps i told you above then when the FRG83G update came out i installed it and then GB.I never had any problems.
    Restart from scratch just make sure u have the right files

Don't know if this will help as I had the same problem so I went back to frg33 and was able to upgrade directly to gri40, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=965478

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

AtFull is right they came out with a full GRI40 87mb file NEW: Nexus One GRI40 FULL, no dependencies (tested and working from FRG33)

With this file you can just install FRG33 and then upgrade to GB without having to install the other updates between FRG33 and GB.

Quote Originally Posted by AtFull View Post
    Don't know if this will help as I had the same problem so I went back to frg33 and was able to upgrade directly to gri40, see Gingerbread OTA update.zips for Nexus One and Nexus S - 87 MB Full N1 Update Added! - xda-developers

Holy Shucks! Where the hell did you come from AtFull? Like seriously, out of no where eh, and it worked!

iPeck, Goonieboy and AtFull thank you sooooo much for all your support.

I almost gave up and went back to studying for my midterm. Now I can do that with a smile. Watch me ace my test tomorrow! LOL!

- Till then

Ha ha, I'm just a videotron lurker learning from the rest :-), glad it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by AtFull View Post
    Don't know if this will help as I had the same problem so I went back to frg33 and was able to upgrade directly to gri40, see Gingerbread OTA update.zips for Nexus One and Nexus S - 87 MB Full N1 Update Added! - xda-developers

Holy Shucks! Where the hell did you come from AtFull? Like seriously, out of no where eh, and it worked!

iPeck, Goonieboy and AtFull thank you sooooo much for all your support.

I almost gave up and went back to studying for my midterm. Now I can do that with a smile. Watch me ace my test tomorrow! LOL!

- Till then
    Sorry i didn't think of that Full version of GB before i completely forgot about it.It would have saved us a lot of writing.I must be in the beginning stages of Alzheimer Thanks AtFull

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links