Updating Videotron's N1

This is a discussion on Updating Videotron's N1 within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by goonieboy Originally Posted by Aviccur Originally Posted by AtFull Don't know if this will help as I had the same problem so ...

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Updating Videotron's N1

Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviccur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AtFull View Post
    Don't know if this will help as I had the same problem so I went back to frg33 and was able to upgrade directly to gri40, see Gingerbread OTA update.zips for Nexus One and Nexus S - 87 MB Full N1 Update Added! - xda-developers

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Holy Shucks! Where the hell did you come from AtFull? Like seriously, out of no where eh, and it worked!

iPeck, Goonieboy and AtFull thank you sooooo much for all your support.

I almost gave up and went back to studying for my midterm. Now I can do that with a smile. Watch me ace my test tomorrow! LOL!

- Till then
    Sorry i didn't think of that Full version of GB before i completely forgot about it.It would have saved us a lot of writing.I must be in the beginning stages of Alzheimer Thanks AtFull

It's totally cool. It's a good learning experience. I think I know my phone a lot better then I did before :D

Woot ! Another mate free from big brother videotron

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB using Hit'n'Yak

Hi! This is my first post here and I registered mainly to thank you all (iPeck, goonieboy, Aviccur and all the others) for the help you posted in here.

It took me a whole 2 weeks to decide myself to take out Videotron from my N1 and start over with the passimg step/thing. After the installation of the stock OS (FRG33), I rebooted and got noticed about an available update. I thought it was the one to update to 2.2.1 or something but no (!), it was to update directly to gingerbread! I was very happy about this.

Thanks to everyone once again. Now I don't have to wait after Videotron for new updates... ever!

Happy to help

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Hi,

I finaly bought my Nexus One today and go directly with Gravufo Tuto to update to stock Google Rom ...

I also would like to update baseband but after upgrade to 2.2.1 the phone ask me if I want to update to 2.3 ...

I accept and now it seem that I can't root so can't install new base band ...

Any help to suggest ?

Thanks !

You can flash a pre rooted GB rom. Search the forum, someone posted about it.

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Ok I would try to found it for now no success ...;-)

An other question with Videotron scrap rom when I try to used my Motorola T505 ou H700 Bluetooth they only work to answerd a call but not to activate "reconnaissance vocale" ...

With stock 2.3.3 they work fine ... but the phone never understant what I said ... for example if I said "appeler maison" it want call "Annie cellular" ... those two contact are in my google contact but I think they not at all similar ...

Do you have same trouble ? And even when the phone ask if I want call "Annie cellular" I have a buton "ok" on the screen and even if I said OK or YES nothing append ...

Not very use full when using the bluetooth in car ...

Ok well for getting the new baseband version I would like to say that this is something that I would not suggest because it is not a process that should be done if you don't know exactly what you are doing so I would suggest you get rooted and play around a little with flashing stuff before you flash a radio (baseband) because a radio is probably the least safe thing to flash because you have the most chances of bricking it but if you know what your doing then you should be good, so just some friendly advice .

As far as getting root access you will need to either unlock the bootloader (which will void your warranty) or you will have to passimg your phone to a previous version (I figure you know how to do that ) then you can root with superoneclick then flash a prerooted gingerbread.

Thanks for the instruction, but tried few times and still getting "update" SIGNATURE VERIFICATION FAILED...

It seems like it loads passimg by itself not asking for other confirmation but fails verification when trying to update...

Any clues ?
    I'm on stock videotron.

Thanks
    DoM

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    Go to. : Shipped ROMs

Select nexus one and download the file passion-signed stock Frg33.zip.

Rename the file : passimg.zip and put on sd. Reboot phone while holding vol down. It will ask you if you want to install. You'll then be on 2.2 stock rom. (You can now take the passimg file off the sd if you want)

After you have to install the 4 updates one by one to get to GingerBread (dont worry its not that long)

From the same site, grab the updates files in order (frg83, frg83d, frg83g and finally GingerBread gri40)

Take the 1st update (frg83) and renale it : update.zip and put it on sd. Reboot while holding vol down again. In the small menu select recovery (vol +- to choose and power to select) the phone will come to an android with a box screen. Now press power and vol up. (Might take 3 or 4 tries to trigger) it will ask you to apply update from sd. Select with trackball.

Repeat the steps for the other updates.

The whole thing should take you around 15 mins...

Enjoy

Sent from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Nerver mind...
    Followed Comment flasher une ROM sur un Nexus One
    It is upgrading itself to 2.3.3 now...

:D
    Thanks!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links