Videotron tweaked rom

This is a discussion on Videotron tweaked rom within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Heres a link to help you get the all mighty updates... http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...ore_your_Nexus __________________ Sent from my Nexus One via Tapatalk...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Videotron tweaked rom

Videotron tweaked rom

Heres a link to help you get the all mighty updates...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...ore_your_Nexus

Sent from my Nexus One via Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

key
    To be clear i do not need to root my videotron custom firmware phone to be able to get the actual google firmware on my phone, so it can get OTA updates for gingerbread and or froyo 2.2.1

All i need to do is to place the passimg.zip file on my memory card and install it?

You can do that but the only thing is that Videotron will update you to 2.3 soon enough (if Google would just do it :mad so there is no need to do this.

key
    By looking at the history of videotron updates do you know how long they take to roll out an update?

No I for one am not on Videotron and for two didn't look at the history so I don't know but the ROM is barley tweaked so it should not take too long right? Well if I were you I would wait like a week after they start rolling out the update and see what appends but if you don't want to then you can use the passimg method.

key
    im not with videotron using their phone on wind mobile. But my phone is still running 2.2 not 2.2.1. I really dont want to wipe my phone right now i would have to install everything again.

One thing i heard is that the videotron nexus one has a different kind of screen, is this true? Would this be why they release the updates late.

Videotron do have another screen but that is not just theirs it's because amoled screens went scarce a little while ago so they started making them with lcds so there are different screens but this does not change anything for the updates because a stock ROM works with an lcd my phone is living proof of this.

key
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Videotron do have another screen but that is not just theirs it's because amoled screens went scarce a little while ago so they started making them with lcds so there are different screens but this does not change anything for the updates because a stock ROM works with an lcd my phone is living proof of this.
    I guess im just going to load the stock google ROM and get on the proper google firmware.

Can you give me a link to the actual 2.2 ROM from google i can't seem to find it on the link and don't know which one it is.

indeed the passimg routine works like a charm... i got the latest ota that way... videotron didnt even rolled out FRG83 (2.2.1) yet.. so if you want to wait forever for 2.3, dont do the passimg. Takes 10 mins max.

just remember to write down the apn settings so you can add it back to connect on 3g after the change

Best, easiest and fastest way : (start at step 2, files on #2 under word "here" and on the next step #1 under the word "this") (number 6 FRG33 and update.zip)

follow this link here : Nexus One/Guides & Tutorials - XDA-Developers

-----------
    running FRG83D Stock, 2.2.1, Videotron. Bye-bye videotron crapbuild now can wait for official OTA's woot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links