Thinking of ditching my Nexus One...

This is a discussion on Thinking of ditching my Nexus One... within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Removing videotron crap rom would be the 1st thing to do. Videotron n1 is not locked but tweaked. Call and data roaming with partner rogers ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of ditching my Nexus One...

Removing videotron crap rom would be the 1st thing to do. Videotron n1 is not locked but tweaked. Call and data roaming with partner rogers is free of charge. And yeah, looks like you have a lemon.

If your still not happy go with an iphone and you'll continue to wine ... lol

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    Removing videotron crap rom would be the 1st thing to do. Videotron n1 is not locked but tweaked. Call and data roaming with partner rogers is free of charge. And yeah, looks like you have a lemon.

If your still not happy go with an iphone and you'll continue to wine ... lol

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One
    Thinking about it now, since Videotron no longer wants to replace my phone. My initial desire to not root/change ROM is still there, but if I'm stuck with this dogpile, I'll try it out.

I had an iPhone before the N1, and it never had any issues. It did everything I asked of it, and never gave me a headache. I just want this phone to do the same. No screen glitchy-ness, no force closing of apps, no loss of control of volume, etc. Doesn't seem too much to ask for, I'd say If this phone had no problems with it, I'd like it.. Maybe even love it! But as it is now, it's like a 10$ whore with many kinds of STDs.. I just want to stay faaaaar away from it

Quote Originally Posted by Fulkrum View Post
    Thinking about it now, since Videotron no longer wants to replace my phone.
    Why ? almost 50% of N1 are buggy and they know it... You have a warranty and the right to have a phone other than a lemon They changed mine without any question... Sometimes whining a bit and asking for a supervisor can do the trick.

Ex. My illico HD recorder died on me a week after the warranty ended. At 1st, they said it was my problem, then I threatened 'em to send a formal notice letter (mise en demeure) and they paid for the repair. The next year (1 year after warranty expired), my illico died again (almost a year, day for day, from previous breakdown), I called 'em, I was really mad by this so called "coincidence" coming again. Then again, they said no at 1st. I got the guy to check on the dates the failures took place and I threaten 'em again with the sending of the formal notice letter, they paid the repair again. Meaning you have to right to enjoy a buying for a reasonable and expected period of time for a given product, with proper usage of course. It's called a legal warranty, but most of the time its really hard to get 'em apllying it. (cause they know you wont take them to court for smaller amounts because it'll cost you more than the value of the product)

But I must agree, going tru this is never a good experience and it's certainly discouraging.

iPeck, the only thing I'll take issue with is your statement that "almost 50% of N1 are buggy and they know it". I can't imagine that you have any data to back up that claim, on videotron or any other carrier. I bought mine about 4 months after release, and it has been completely and utterly trouble free for all that time.

Just sayin', ya know?

Almost 50 was a bit exagerated but they know (you too) there are a lot of issues with it, thats what i meant. Sorry but im french speaking so translation might suffer a bit in the process and i did to illustrate a point.

No harm done, just sayin' too lol

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One via hitn'yak

Also thinking of Ditching the Phone or the Carrier or Both

I have had nothing but grief with this Phone since I agreed to change from my simple 2G Phone. I am in a Montreal Downtown Building on McGill College, and I get No Service showing on Phone, they (Videotron) claim it is because of Steel in Building, but I never had an Issue with my 2G Phone. Also since I started trying to use the Data Portion of my Plan, constantly get a Network not available even when I am in LaSalle a location which should have good coverage. Either there is a problem with Phone (Lemon), or there is a problem with Videotron's 3G coverage. Either way I feel angry and gipped (As if someone has stolen both my time and money). Will attempt to get Phone changed, but not very encouraged by their really poor Service. Have spent Tons of hours already, carrying Phone to Two outlets who were unable to help. Was told by Customer Service take it to XXX Boutique, Butique told me they do not deal in this and gave me a different location again ???? Getting very frustrated, and losing patience. Hope to resolve within the week, but if not, feel as if no option but to drop Phone or both Phone and Carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Popol View Post
    I have had nothing but grief with this Phone since I agreed to change from my simple 2G Phone. I am in a Montreal Downtown Building on McGill College, and I get No Service showing on Phone, they (Videotron) claim it is because of Steel in Building, but I never had an Issue with my 2G Phone. Also since I started trying to use the Data Portion of my Plan, constantly get a Network not available even when I am in LaSalle a location which should have good coverage. Either there is a problem with Phone (Lemon), or there is a problem with Videotron's 3G coverage. Either way I feel angry and gipped (As if someone has stolen both my time and money). Will attempt to get Phone changed, but not very encouraged by their really poor Service. Have spent Tons of hours already, carrying Phone to Two outlets who were unable to help. Was told by Customer Service take it to XXX Boutique, Butique told me they do not deal in this and gave me a different location again ???? Getting very frustrated, and losing patience. Hope to resolve within the week, but if not, feel as if no option but to drop Phone or both Phone and Carrier.
    Sorry to hear that you are having problems but i never had any problems since i got my nexus one with videotron.Sure when i go in a Costco or walmart my signal strength goes down but i can still make calls with no problems.And since removing the videotron rom my signal is better when i am indoors.

Popol, I believe that Videotron is going to offer more choices of phones on the 10th or 13th of March. Hopefully you (as well as I) can swap phones for another model, switching defective N1s for anything better (Maybe Nexus S if available).

I just hope that they'll have some sort of iPhone availible, because it is *fault free* compared to these N1s.

As an update, I managed to swap my phone again, and guess what? Still crap, crashes often, freezes. I'm done with this phone. Enough to quit Videotron and go elsewhere just to go back to a Jesus phone.

Sent from my Crappy Nexus One using Tapatalk.

From what have been reading on the net Nexus one is one of the best phones out there and i can vouch for that.Maybe you guys got a lemon.

P.S.Two of my friends have iphone's and they are changing for an android phone.

I'm on my 4th phone.

No one can convince me now that this is a good product.

Sent from my Crappy Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links