Thinking of ditching my Nexus One...

This is a discussion on Thinking of ditching my Nexus One... within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; OK! It seems the exchange was the thing to do. Took my bad Nexus One to Kiosk for Videotron, got an Exchange, and it immediately ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of ditching my Nexus One...

Returned Nexus One to Videotron for Exchange

OK! It seems the exchange was the thing to do. Took my bad Nexus One to Kiosk for Videotron, got an Exchange, and it immediately worked better gave great reception, and allowed me to do everything I was unable to do with the Bad Nexus One Phone I had received initially (LEMON).
    However, when I received the new phone, everything seemed fine, but since the Kiosk attendant was handling the Phone, figured OK, Left Kiosk and five minutes later look at Phone, and it is in a different language. It appears to be in Dutch or German. Same thing happened with the first Phone when I first received it and activated it. How Stupid is this. Fortunately, this time I had access to Rosetta Stone for Translation and was able to change Phone back (Taal is language) to English. I cannot believe I had to go through this a second time after they handed me the Phone. I also intend to ask that they credit me with the time I had the Lemon for at least the Data part at the very least. Will keep you posted.

I doubt that you'll be credited for the time you had your lemon. If not they would have to credit half the people who has a N1. Lol

But knowing videotron, if you whine a bit, they maybe will. If they do though, be sure to tell us

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

I've had my N1 for several months, and when it works, it's magical; mostly, however, it doesn't. Whether it's the phone or Videotron, my usual status is that I can't get a 3G connection when out in the city, and can't stay connected to wifi when I'm at home. If I see the "check your internet connection" message one more time I'm going to throw the thing in the river. For me it's become just an outrageously expensive phone that takes pictures.

The design is stunning--I haven't lost sight of that. But for what I'm getting out of it, I could have gotten a $29 phone without a plan instead of paying $40 a month for the next three years. And does anyone know if Videotron is ever going to provide updates to the OS? The update was released in February; has Videotron even addressed that to its subscribers?

Greg I had the same problem with moblicity(Canadian company),I wined and complained for the last month and ahalf to no advail,my only option which was no good for me was pay for a replacement phone and wait 4-6 weeks for my phone to be fixed.That's when I took matters into my own hands and with the help of dangerrat and dude random rooted and flashed CM7.Not sure why but now I haven't had the "check internet connection" in the last 3days even on the subway I still get minimal signal strength.

Its like I have a new phone that's runs 100% better than the $500 piece of pooped I bough 2 months ago.I suggest rooted and trying different roms before you give up on this sweet piece of handset,and now gingerbreak is out you shouldn't have to unlock you bootloader.
    That's my 2 cents

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

If you don't like the Videotron updates (or lack of), I think you should maybe consider switching to a stock Google ROM. Very easy to do...

I spoke to a Videotron tech on the phone yesterday, and he said that "modifying the phone would have implications for the warranty," but he also said that the update to the OS would be coming--he just couldn't tell me when or how it would be delivered.

So I guess I'll hang on for a while. Meanwhile, has anyone else experienced the phenomenon of having to log into your google account repeatedly, every time the phone switches from wifi to 3G or back again? I get a warning notification in the bar at the top saying something to the effect that "you have entered a wrong password, or your account has changed."

Of course the password is correct, and nothing about my google account has ever changed, but almost every time I turn the phone on I have to re-enter both my email address and password. And they're never accepted. Even if I can't get around this particular obstacle, does anyone know of a macro I could plug in so that I don't have to keep manually entering this same information incessantly?

By the way, the Videotron guy was pleasant and as helpful as he was able to be, which I find a huge and refreshing change from my previous dealings with Bell.

For your Google account issues, try deleting data from the problem app via the app manager. Usually helps with those kind of problems...

Quote Originally Posted by gregory9 View Post
    I spoke to a Videotron tech on the phone yesterday, and he said that "modifying the phone would have implications for the warranty," but he also said that the update to the OS would be coming--he just couldn't tell me when or how it would be delivered.
    What he meant by modifying the phone was about unlocking the bootloader. But they don't tell you what modifying really means cuz some noobs bricks or break their phones cuz they don't know what they are doing. You can easily flash google stock rom without unlocking the bootloader and without voiding the warranty. I know, I've returned 2 rooted N1s with 2 different roms. (locked bootloader)

By flashing a google stock rom, you,ll get the updates from google and you will not be stuck on waiting for videotron's updates. Therefore the tweaked videotron's rom have weaker signals reception than stock rom.

Ok let me put that back the way I had it a minute ago sorry for the confusion

Now I'm not sure ipeck correct me if I'm wrong but didn't videotron tell you the same thing back in the day for 2.2.1 and they never managed to deliver.

Stock roms are not modifications. Its only what the phone is supposed to be running on !

You are correct dude. When I asked them (back in december) about the two 2.2.1 updates (FRG83D & FRG83G) they said it was on the testing and that they would be delivered in the upcoming days or weeks. Yeah right ! lol I called 'em back in March and they said they ditched these updates to concentrate on GB. Let me be skeptical about it then

As for their tweaked rom, they say its tweaked to be optimized for their network but the truth is its weaker in terms of signal reception, slower OS running and they have the control over the OS your phone is running.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links