Thinking of ditching my Nexus One...

This is a discussion on Thinking of ditching my Nexus One... within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; the update should be out for end of april thats wath they told me yesterday wend i wenth to the videotron store to change my ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thinking of ditching my Nexus One...

the update should be out for end of april thats wath they told me yesterday wend i wenth to the videotron store to change my n1 lol.youre not the only one with probs.aparently the update fixes a lot of probs with wifi and reception thats what they told me.
    use to ave a milestone xt720 but got converted to nexus one....YA MAN :nexusx:

they say a lot of things.. lmao but I dont care im already on GB and have no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    they say a lot of things.. lmao but I dont care im already on GB and have no issues.
    Same here and i never had any problems with my N1

Giving Up

I don't even carry my Nexus One with me anymore when I leave the house. It's never worked for more than a few hours at a time, and there's always an exclamation point in the notification bar that says 'Sign-in error for [my name].' When I try to enter my Google account and password, the message is always, 'You entered the wrong info or your account has changed,' etc. Of course the info isn't wrong, and the account hasn't changed.

I'm also never able to get online with the thing. It'll say that both wifi and 3G are running, but I have no connection. And I'm near the Atwater Market in Montreal, by the way, not the wilds of Thetford Mines or something.

After my latest exasperated call to Videotron, I still have no idea when they plan to update the OS (they can't or won't say), and if I root the phone, the guy says I won't be able to get updates from Videotron, and my warranty will be voided. I do a factory reset every week or so to try to get a few hours of function out of the thing, but as of last night even that doesn't work anymore, as none of my Google accounts will sync.

Has anyone had any luck getting rid of this piece of crap and getting their money back from Videotron? If I have to root the thing in order to get it just to work, I guess that's what I'll have to do. But that's not what I want, and it shouldn't be necessary. For $500, the thing should work like a Ferrari--and it should cut my grass and raise my kids to boot.

It really seems to be mostly Videotron issues IMO. I've had mine with Bell for almost a year now, and other than occasional hicups, the Nexus is awesome. Everyone that's complained seems to be with Videotron. I bought mine from Google and activated with Bell and haven't had issues.
    Maybe Videotron bought the last batch from HTC when they stopped making it or something...

Anyways. If someone wants my perfectly good unlocked Nexus one, as soon as the Galaxy 2 comes out with Bell, I'm switching over, so you can have my Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by gregory9 View Post
    I don't even carry my Nexus One with me anymore when I leave the house. It's never worked for more than a few hours at a time, and there's always an exclamation point in the notification bar that says 'Sign-in error for [my name].' When I try to enter my Google account and password, the message is always, 'You entered the wrong info or your account has changed,' etc. Of course the info isn't wrong, and the account hasn't changed.

I'm also never able to get online with the thing. It'll say that both wifi and 3G are running, but I have no connection. And I'm near the Atwater Market in Montreal, by the way, not the wilds of Thetford Mines or something.

After my latest exasperated call to Videotron, I still have no idea when they plan to update the OS (they can't or won't say), and if I root the phone, the guy says I won't be able to get updates from Videotron, and my warranty will be voided. I do a factory reset every week or so to try to get a few hours of function out of the thing, but as of last night even that doesn't work anymore, as none of my Google accounts will sync.

Has anyone had any luck getting rid of this piece of crap and getting their money back from Videotron? If I have to root the thing in order to get it just to work, I guess that's what I'll have to do. But that's not what I want, and it shouldn't be necessary. For $500, the thing should work like a Ferrari--and it should cut my grass and raise my kids to boot.
    looks like you have a lemon, I had 2 of them, they replaced them, now it works awesome on GB Your warranty wont be voided by installing a google stock wich will greatly help your connectivity issues. The guy you spoke to wanted to scared you out or didn't know what he was talking about.

that said, you do what you want.

Hi ipeck dose it meen that i wont be able to update the os of videotron if im rooted...lol ho hoooo
    use to ave a milestone xt720 but got converted to nexus one....YA MAN :nexusx:

rooted or not, if you are on vid's rom you'll get the update IF they ever release it lmao

Just get out of that crap ROM already, it's full of bugs and can't work a day.

I worked quite a lot to get a newbproof procedure to get onto a stock Google ROM which DOES get the updates as soon as they come out.

Try it out, it's in a sticky post right in this forum! You won't void the warranty and if you read well and follow the exact instructions, it'll go super smoothly!

Good luck

Yup some people are hard to knock some sense in'em lol.

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links