Using another carriers' sim card

This is a discussion on Using another carriers' sim card within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; videotron nexus one are locked. I bought one from videotron and had to get it unlocked so i could use it with WIND mobile in ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Using another carriers' sim card

key
    videotron nexus one are locked. I bought one from videotron and had to get it unlocked so i could use it with WIND mobile in Toronto.

Really they are Locked! Thanks for letting me know. Question, how did you get it unlocked? Hmmm, I 'm wondering if I get my phone unlocked will this affected my carrier service with Videotron.

What since when are they locked? I don't believe that it would go against what the nexus name is about it's about being unlocked so I don't think Google would have let them carry the phone if they locked it. I do as a mater a fact know that is running a custom ROM from Videotron so that may be what you are referring to and that can be removed easily with thee passimg method so really nothing there.

key
    I talked to Moblicity and they said their nexus ones are also locked. Now the two people i talked to might have the wrong info both from videotron and mobilictiy.

In my case, i got a videotron nexus one from another cell phone retailer who said that the phone is brad new and it was. He said they only open the phone wrapping to unlock the phone. So i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    What since when are they locked? I don't believe that it would go against what the nexus name is about it's about being unlocked so I don't think Google would have let them carry the phone if they locked it. I do as a mater a fact know that is running a custom ROM from Videotron so that may be what you are referring to and that can be removed easily with thee passimg method so really nothing there.
    Me i am still debating if i should use the passimg method to remove the videotron rom,i got a lot of info on this site and from some members.But i am a bit afraid to mess up my phone and then i will have to dishout money for a new one and i don't have that kind of money right now.I will probably decided soon so in the mean time i keep checking the forum.

key
    Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    Me i am still debating if i should use the passimg method to remove the videotron rom,i got a lot of info on this site and from some members.But i am a bit afraid to mess up my phone and then i will have to dishout money for a new one and i don't have that kind of money right now.I will probably decided soon so in the mean time i keep checking the forum.
    I say do it you will not regret it. I have a videotron nexus one and did it about 5 days after i got it. At least you will have the actual stock from Google. I was afraid i would mess something up but you cant really mess it up unless you have the wrong files.

Dude don't worry about messing up your phone because if you try and flash a non Google signed zip with the passimg method it will simply not work and if something goes wrong the phone will simply abort and give you an error message and then just do it over (and fix what ever went wrong although chances are nothing will). In other words the passimg method is safe and almost fools proof. And if there is some possible way (maybe a battery pull while it was flashing) that you mess something up and your phone gets something wrong well you can do it over anyway because bootloader is almost always accessible and even when for some reason it is not you can get to it via fastboot and that is accessible unless you brick it and well you can't brick it with the passimg method so you have nothing to worry about.

Dude don't worry about messing up your phone because if you try and flash a non Google signed zip with the passimg method it will simply not work and if something goes wrong the phone will simply abort and give you an error message and then just do it over (and fix what ever went wrong although chances are nothing will). In other words the passimg method is safe and almost fools proof. And if there is some possible way (maybe a battery pull while it was flashing) that you mess something up and your phone gets something wrong well you can do it over anyway because bootloader is almost always accessible and even when for some reason it is not you can get to it via fastboot and that is accessible unless you brick it and well you can't brick it with the passimg method so you have nothing to worry about.
    OK thanks but will my phone be much different or better after i remove the videotron rom? And if i get this right after i do the PASSIMG method i don't have to do the ROOT,right?

Well seriously I don't think it makes that much of a difference but at least you have all that Videotron crapware off your phone so you have nothing to worry about plus you can use that method to upgrade to gingerbread once it comes out.

Well seriously I don't think it makes that much of a difference but at least you have all that Videotron crapware off your phone so you have nothing to worry about plus you can use that method to upgrade to gingerbread once it comes out.
    So what you are saying i can just do the PASSIMG method and NOT do the Root? is that right? thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links