Gingerbread in test internaly

This is a discussion on Gingerbread in test internaly within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hi, I learn today from a reliable contact that Vid is currently testing Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) internaly for the N1. I was told that it ...

Thread: Gingerbread in test internaly

Gingerbread in test internaly

Hi, I learn today from a reliable contact that Vid is currently testing Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) internaly for the N1.

I was told that it solve the glitchy screen problem and the wifi sleep issue.

I don't have a date.... 2011 ...

Just for the record, it's the 3rd N1 I have from Vid (warranty replacement) and all are buggy with the screen and wifi sleep issue.

I'm waiting for 2.3 and will advise after if the bugs are still there.

BB

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok I don't know who Vid is but the touch screen issue is a hardware problem it can be helped along a little bit but it will never fully go away. As for the WI-FI sleep issue this was fixed a while back in frg83 so if I were you I would be questioning if your source is really reliable.

Vid is Videotron

As for the wifi sleep issue, I'm running Froyo (2.2) and can confirm that it is not fix at all ! I got the problem on 3 different N1.

As for the screen, I can't really tell if it's HW os SW.

BB

Ok that explains everything (Vid=Videotron)

Because you guys are running a weird version of froyo and it will be the same with gingerbread. Look at your build number settings-> about phone bottom of the page it will be a bunch of weird numbers when it should be something like frf91.

That is why your WI-FI sleep issue is not solved because you are still on a ROM based on frf91 not frg83. Plus this should not be on all the phones you have tried have you tried settings->wireless & networks-> WI-FI settings press menu button -> advanced->WI-FI sleep policy then set it to never and see if it is fixed.

Yes, i'm running Vidéotron build of froyo, not frf91. It is : 2.6.32.9-27227-g3c98b0d haley@m4-dev #1

I don't want to update it myself, so I'm waiting for OTA from them.

For the wifi sleep issue, I tried everything, including some "WIFI fixer" apps, fixed IP adress, fixed channel on my router, etc. No luck, the bugs is still there. It's not major, bur really anoying.

My hope is that Videotron build of Android 2.3 will solve the WIFI sleep issue and the buggy touchscreen issue.

Can you explain (or point to an URL) why network operator like Videotron release their own build instead of pure build from Google ?

Thanks for your reply.

BB

Because Videotron 3G+ frequency is higher than the other carriers. They need to tweak to make sure its stable. Thats the main reason the iPhone is not yet available at Videotron. The iPhone is not capable of higher frequencies.

As for the Wifi issue, I have the same build but I never had trouble with it. (make sure the 802... mode only is not ticked in the router settings)

As for the touchscreen issues, don't hope too much, it may be hardware not software problem.

then again, it will be a 2.3 videotron tweaked rom...

I have a stock N1 FRG83D WI-FI set to never sleep. It sleeps. It disconnects.
    Nexus One :nexusx: FINALY rooted without ending up like this

Got CM7 installed too!

been testing the wifi last night on my N1 running FRG83D too,

did not disconnect once... on 3 different networks. (i always use wifi at home, never disconnected.)

Any update on this, BigBen?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links