Videotron Rooted

This is a discussion on Videotron Rooted within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; 1# if i want the camera to be 720p, must I install CM or can I just flash a tweaked rom or kernel ? I'm ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Videotron Rooted

1# if i want the camera to be 720p, must I install CM or can I just flash a tweaked rom or kernel ? I'm having trouble finding my way into all this mombo jumbo lol

2# I'm rooted but bootloader is still untouched. (for warranty) What are my options IF I deceide to stay with untouched bootloader ?

1# For the 720p I think you can flash a kernel that has it but not sure I know wildmonks has a kernel for that but according to xda you need to have a ROM that enables it first or something not sure exactly.

2# You can boot into bootloader even if you have a locked bootloader (heck you can do it if you're not even rooted) then you will have to flash the file of Amon RA from the link I sent you earlier.

Anyway forget the bootloader stuff for now we will flash a recovery that is allot simpler it is clockwork mod recovery. You can do this in ROM manager ROM manager is a market app you can go download it there. Once you do that it is an option in the app to flash clockwork and that is it sorry it took so long to reply.

No problem. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate. I'll install rom manager, then ill advise )) (after sithmas, (christmas for darksiders lmao))

Sent from my Nexus One via Tapatalk

Ok that is cool by then I will be more of a help to you with your flashing of recoveries and ROMs sorry I couldn't help more than what I alertly did I would have liked to but sadly can't. Anyway merry sithmas

then basically all i have to do is flash CM or GB ?

Yup you can go ahead and flash any ROM you want after that. Which btw can also be done through ROM manager.

ya ill put the GB file on the sd and load it with rom manager. i may try CM too

Thanks for all your help and merry christmas my friend !

Your very welcome and a merry Christmas to you to.

damn i flashed CM6 and now i dont have access to 3g no more !!!

Well then I guess those reps were right when they said that the frequencies are not right unless you have their ROM sorry buddy but I can't help you with that. Do you get EDGE or 2G at least?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links