Videotron Rooted

This is a discussion on Videotron Rooted within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Just to give out the info for those who are wondering about videotron rooting... - Root successful on Android 2.2 FRF91 (videotron tweaked), without unlocking ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Videotron Rooted

Videotron Rooted

Just to give out the info for those who are wondering about videotron rooting...

- Root successful on Android 2.2 FRF91 (videotron tweaked), without unlocking bootloader (keeps warranty safe) with Universal Androot 1.6.2.

Simple app that you download on your phone to root an unroot, at will, with a simple click.

I finally made the jump and it's already worth it even though I don't know much yet on all rooting possibilities

(thanks to danger-rat, dude random21, krew and mightyalldude for guidance)

Cheers

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hey good for you ipeck have you tried flashing a completely stock ROM and get Videotron’s crapware off your phone.

thats the next step i was hoping youd come and save me lol

I installed titanium backup, guess i'll need a backup, don't I ?

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    thats the next step i was hoping youd come and save me lol

I installed titanium backup, guess i'll need a backup, don't I ?
    Cool tell me how it goes. I'm not sure I know what you want me to do to save you but I will do anything I can. And don't worry I won’t sort of hijack your thread like a did earlier although it was very helpful thanks and sorry about the other hijack

Ya you will need a backup but titanium will only backup your apps and data so you can reinput them into your next ROM so you don’t have to lose all your data. To get a backup of your ROM you will need to do a nandroid backup.

alright, ill install it. And dont worry about the hijack, it was useful, thats what counts.

Ill make backup and i'll be ready. I'll seek more of your trusty help tommorow cuz I gotta run for now

Later and tx again

hmmm. nandroid backup for pc lol im on mac

how can I backup my ROM on OS X ?

You nandroid by phone not pc you just need to flash Amon RA recovery then it will be an option.

hmmm.. im a noob remember.. lol didnt get that

Oh ya don't worry about it we are all noobs at some point Amon RA is a type of recovery a recovery is where you can flash ROMs from. This is a thread about rooting by unlocking the bootloader but there is a part about flashing Amon RA so you can just use that part it is the second step you don't have to follow the same steps they did you can do it straight from the phone by going into bootloader (power one while holing down the trackball) the important part is the file http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-recovery.html
    Anyway I will help you a little more tomorrow but for now I am going to bed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links