Nexus S

This is a discussion on Nexus S within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Salut Je vais faire du ski au États-Unis proche d'un Best Buy prochainement et j'envisage de m'acheter un Nexus S mais j'ai une coupe de ...

Thread: Nexus S

Nexus S

Salut

Je vais faire du ski au États-Unis proche d'un Best Buy prochainement et j'envisage de m'acheter un Nexus S mais j'ai une coupe de question :

• Est-ce que le 3G et le 2G fonctionne correctement avec videotron
    • Qu'arrive t'il quand je sort des zone de Videotron en terme de tarif et vitesse
    • Est ce que il y a une raison quelconque qu'y justifierai d'éviter le Nexus S
    • Êtes vous satisfait du service Vidéotron mobile en général

En passant je pourrais p-e en acheter 1 à 3 de surplus que je pourrais vendre 600$ + shipping sans border fee si quelqu'un est intéressé. (Sur ebay il sont 700$ + border fee)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

forums à préférence de langue anglaise. english language preferred forum.

• Yes the 3G+ and 2G works awesome within videotron network, pretty damn fast.
    • When you get out of the videotron coverage, rogers takes up the relay automatically. (no extra charges for calls, though there might be for data, havnt tried data on rogers, afraid of roaming fees )
    • To me, Nexus S is a cheap version of the Nexus One, only plus is the front facing cam. (who cares, video calling isnt going to be the norm for ages)
    • Very satisfied with videotron mobile service to this date, costumer service included.

Spec wise I prefer the 4" screen and the stronger GPU of the Nexus S though the case is quite ugly/cheap fealing and the lack of microsd is puzzling.

no extra charges for calls
    Exactly what I wanted to know, thanks

That makes me pretty sure I want a Nexus S or One now if somebody want a unlocked Nexus S for 600$ available for pick-up near montreal that would help me decide

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    forums à préférence de langue anglaise. english language preferred forum.

• Yes the 3G+ and 2G works awesome within videotron network, pretty damn fast.
    • When you get out of the videotron coverage, rogers takes up the relay automatically. (no extra charges for calls, though there might be for data, havnt tried data on rogers, afraid of roaming fees )
    • To me, Nexus S is a cheap version of the Nexus One, only plus is the front facing cam. (who cares, video calling isnt going to be the norm for ages)
    • Very satisfied with videotron mobile service to this date, costumer service included.
    Last month i got bill .25$ for making a call that what OUT of my zone.I was somewhere in quebec not far from my place don't remember exactly where.I don't know on what network i was on.This is what they say on the videotron site about coverage:

What are the differences between the rates on the Videotron network and the partner network? The differences in rates are minimal and apply only to the following services:
    Listening to a message on voice mail: On the Videotron network, you are only charged for listening to the message.
    On the partner network, you are charged for both retreiving and listening to messages on your voice mail. Long-distance charges may apply.
    Call forwardng: On the Videotron network, you are not charged for forwarding a local call. Only the part of a call that corresponds to a long-distance call is charged.
    On the partner network, you are charged for forwarding a local call. In addition, the long-distance portion of the forwarded call is charged in two ways: for the call to the mobile phone and for forwarding the call to the phone.

That's annoying, because I work outside the videotron zone so I was hoping that I could make the call at no extra charge and disable 3G since I have wifi there.

Is it possible to reroute the call through wifi and something like skype when I'm at work ?

There is apps for free wifi calls on the market... and theres Google voice

sent from my Nexus One via Tapatalk (probably in my bus)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links