Sign-in errors are normal?!?

This is a discussion on Sign-in errors are normal?!? within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Well, according to the tech support, what happens when an Android cell completely lose signal to have to ask to re-authenticate due to a sign-in ...

Thread: Sign-in errors are normal?!?

Sign-in errors are normal?!?

Well, according to the tech support, what happens when an Android cell completely lose signal to have to ask to re-authenticate due to a sign-in error is normal.

Don't know if it's BS speak or whatever, but it's kind of bothersome.

Anybody who never had the issue happen to them, even after losing signal, like in the metro or whatnots?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok well I'm on Fido so it might be different but it's definitely not an android thing because last weekend I was up at a ski centre where I have signal half the time and there were no sing in errors ever and I saw the phone go from in service to no service and back again so it has to be your phone or just Videotron’s network that is off.

The thing is, from what I can gather is that Videotron's still piggy backing on Rogers' network so their SIM allows you to move back and forth between the two networks. Android register the moves as you using a different SIM and request you to reauthenticate.

Or something like that.

Or the tech support dude was full of ****. I'd like to hear more from Videotron users tho. Especially what happens when you completely lose signal (without being able to jump on Rogers').

I find that whenever I swap sim cards I have to re-authenticate my account.

But swapping sim cards isn't something i do often, so I don't find it much of a hassle BUT, i'd much prefer NOT having to re-authenticate
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

I have never had to re-authenticate in the three months I've had my N1. (except after flashing a new ROM).
    I have used Videotron's firmware, the stock Froyos 2.2, 2.2.1, 2.2.2 and now CM 7. I live in an area of Candiac where the reception isn't great through the brick walls (I'm on the Partner network more than Videotron's when I'm at home) and often I lose all cell service completely everytime I go into my laundry room.
    It must be very annoying to have to re-enter that stuff everytime and I can't believe that Videotron says its normal behavior. Sounds like BS.

Quote Originally Posted by natesilver View Post
    I have never had to re-authenticate in the three months I've had my N1. (except after flashing a new ROM).
    I have used Videotron's firmware, the stock Froyos 2.2, 2.2.1, 2.2.2 and now CM 7. I live in an area of Candiac where the reception isn't great through the brick walls (I'm on the Partner network more than Videotron's when I'm at home) and often I lose all cell service completely everytime I go into my laundry room.
    It must be very annoying to have to re-enter that stuff everytime and I can't believe that Videotron says its normal behavior. Sounds like BS.
    Did you register your phone with your Google Account?

Quote Originally Posted by daft.71 View Post

Did you register your phone with your Google Account?
    Do you mean so I have access to Gmail, my google contacts, Market, etc? Yes.

no signal, no bars

I live in Laval, when I got the nexus one, I had no signal, sometimes one bar. Got discourage , always on the partner network. Called videotron many times until one day the right tech guy put me on some list I guess, he told me leave your phone on all the time even at night. Many weeks pasted, until one morning I looked at my phone and wow, saw five bars on the videotron network. I guess the tech guys point the tower towards my path.

Weird. I live in Laval too and always got a strong videotron signal right from the start to this date. Anyways glad to see your problem fixed itself

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One via hit'n'yak

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links