[HowTo] Flash official Gingerbread (or other) ROM

This is a discussion on [HowTo] Flash official Gingerbread (or other) ROM within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hello, Since Videotron has modified our Nexus Ones, we cannot receive official Google updates, nor can we install them manually. So, I have gathered a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [HowTo] Flash official Gingerbread (or other) ROM

[HowTo] Flash official Gingerbread (or other) ROM

Hello,

Since Videotron has modified our Nexus Ones, we cannot receive official Google updates, nor can we install them manually.

So, I have gathered a lot of information to be able to create a tutorial on how to bypass the Videotron ROM and get onto an official Google ROM (or other custom ROMs such as CyanogenMOD).

Hoping it will help others, here is the link: Choix de langue || Language selection

I have even taken the time to do it in both French and English to meet the needs!

NOTE (technical stuff): My tutorial makes you take advantage of an exploit present in Froyo 2.2 to root the phone and flash a custom recovery WITHOUT unlocking the bootloader. This will NOT void your warranty!

NOTE2: I used to use the passimg.zip method, but discovered that it also flashes the radio firmware to an older version, which gave me crappy signal/battery life, so my new version does not use that!

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that happens to you, your phone, your cat or your wife.

As usual, if you have any questions/issues, don't hesitate to ask!

Enjoy,

-gravufo

EDIT: Special thanks to SliceBurgSlim for letting me post this and for stickying it!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thanks to Slim, and to you Gravufo! This info should be VERY helpful for the folks that are on Videotron...that ROM seems to cause trouble for everyone! Glad to have you here, sir, and thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Thanks to Slim, and to you Gravufo! This info should be VERY helpful for the folks that are on Videotron...that ROM seems to cause trouble for everyone! Glad to have you here, sir, and thanks again.
    Indeed, that ROM is really awful which is pretty weird considering that there is nothing APPARENT that has been modified...

Anyways, I left that ROM as soon as I got it and went to Cyanogen; best thing I ever did

It's my pleasure to help and thank you for this forum :D

Great post, Gravufo!

Haven't seen you around the other forums for a while, and thought you may have switched phones - it's good to see you here!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Great post, Gravufo!

Haven't seen you around the other forums for a while, and thought you may have switched phones - it's good to see you here!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    O hai man!

Been a while indeed! Didn't know you were a mod here :O

Thanks for the compliments And yeah, I kinda stopped going on xda, because it was full of spam and useless crap as well as repetitive noob questions ^^ It was also taking quite too much of my time...Has it become a bit quieter? Maybe I should make an appearance soon :D

Nah, I thinks it's actually got worse on XDA, especially since the release of Gingerbread. I still head over there in the hoping of discovering some new development, but there's not much happening...

Heh glad to know I'm not the only one that got sick of it ^^

I guess everyone moved out to the Nexus S

Thanx Gravufo, I'm free now

N1 - 2.3.4

Hello,
    I'd appreciate any help. I'm using the tutorial to try to flash my phone and I'm getting stuck at one certain place. After entering the command "cat/sdcard/flash_image>system/bin/flash_image" I get the following response. "cannot create system/bin/flash_image: read-only file system".

Any idea how I can change from read-only?

Thanks for any help,
    Mark

Did the $ prompt change to # after typing "su"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links