market notifications bug

This is a discussion on market notifications bug within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hi everyone. I have 2 problems with my N1. The first one, the wifi "disabled" issue, is most likely to be fixed when videotron stops ...

Thread: market notifications bug

market notifications bug

Hi everyone.

I have 2 problems with my N1. The first one, the wifi "disabled" issue, is most likely to be fixed when videotron stops making us wait and releases the 2.3 OTA update. That's another issue anyway.

My other problem is that I no longer receives the market update notifications. I used to receive them multiple times a day when necessary. Now, the only way I can see the icon on the notification bar is when I download a new application and that some already installed one have an update ready. It seems to have began when the market received it's relooking.

Anyone has the same issue ?

Fix tried :
    • Cleared market cache
    • Uninstalled market updates and reupdated it
    • Removed and replaced the "notify when available" option in market

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

1st : Get off that videotron's tweaked rom, your phone will thank you and you'll get the updates from google. (Passimg method, simple and warranty safe)

2nd : try wifi fixer from the market.

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

1st : Warranty safe ? Yeah right, you sneeze over your phone and the warranty goes away rofl. But how to do it ? Is it recoverable ?

2nd : Will try tonight.

Market update notifications have been pretty crappy for a while IMO. I have 4 android services in my house, and they're ask the same - need to start downloading something before I get the notification that updates are available...

I can certify flashing a stock rom doesnt void the warranty. I returned 2 n1 with videotron. One was rooted with cm6 and the other with rooted stock rom. Only unlocking bootloader voids the warranty (with videotron, the others carriers may have different policies about it) wich passimg method does not do. And you can always backup your videotron crap rom and revert to it if needed. Now its up to you.

Hello,

Follow my tutorial to get off the crappy Videotron ROM. It is completely safe and you will not lose your warranty. I have also returned a Nexus One (although I reflashed it back to Videotron's ROM). There is now way for them to know you messed with it using my technique.

As for the market updates, I have also not been receiving update notifications since the new market came online. I guess it's a problem on Google's side.

Videotron are noobs with android. They just take the phone back, give you another and they send the phone to htc. They dont even look at it, afaik. 2. of my family members works there

Well, since HTC has accepted phones that have actually had their bootloader unlocked, I don't see why Videotron wouldn't accept returning these, since it's HTC that repairs them...

PS: Now we know 2 of your family members are noobs hah jk

If you put it this way, yeah.... why not lmao

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links