Traveling to USA

This is a discussion on Traveling to USA within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; It has nothing to do with APNs The problem is physical. The Videotron Nexus One is the T-Mobile version aka the AWS version which only ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traveling to USA

It has nothing to do with APNs

The problem is physical. The Videotron Nexus One is the T-Mobile version aka the AWS version which only gets full 3G on the 1700Mhz frequency.

Rogers/Bell/Telus use traditional GSM frequencies. Since the 3G frequencies are different, the phone should technically not work with these carriers. But, these carriers still have an (older) 2G infrastructure that lets you connect. Our N1 is compatible with almost everything in 2G, but for 3G, you need AWS carriers such as T-Mobile, Videotron, Mobilicity, Wind Mobile.

Edge is the way to access the Internet under 2G which is why you are able to access it.

IF you really want full 3G access on other carriers, you need to get the other Nexus One version (the AT&T one).

Hope that explains...I know that wasn't too clear, just a bit braindead here xD

Very clear indeed and makes sense

cheers to that

Hey, if I go travelling in the US for a week or so, is it possible to get a short-term T-mobile SIM card?

I really hate having to come back to a hefty mobile bill.

Thanks!

T-mo does month to month, but I'm not sure about just one week...

You should probably call them, easiest solution...they probably have some toll free number...else use your GVoice to call them for free from your computer!

Or I'm not sure if they have that on t-mo but you could get a prepaid plan with a sim and just have the amount of minutes you think you'll use ready if you need them and if you don't have enough then just add more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links