My Nexus was stolen

This is a discussion on My Nexus was stolen within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I called videotron to block my phone. I asked them to trace it, since it's a smartphone. They basically said they can't, the phone needs ...

Thread: My Nexus was stolen

My Nexus was stolen

I called videotron to block my phone. I asked them to trace it, since it's a smartphone. They basically said they can't, the phone needs an app for it to be traced? good to know when its to late, pretty sad.
    Pretty screwed need to pay out 310 dollars, to end up with nothing.
    I cancelled with videotron and tranfered my number back to my old carrier with my old phone. Its pretty sad Videotron has nothing for customers in my situation. I have Tv Cable , high speed internet, home phone, and two nexus with them. I called several times spoke with different sales agents nobody can help. Funny other carriers give replacements after 7 months. Videotron gives a basic zero, and if you get another phone with them, they have the nerve to charge again the activation fee.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok well here is what I would do first off yes a carrier can trace your phone because they will just use the principle of agps and triangulate it but they may just not want to if you can then i would try and find an app like lookout that will track your phone by GPS the tricky part is getting one that will take no interaction with your phone because with the new online android market you can install apps on your phone with even when you don't have it. Now it may not work at all but it would be something to look for. The other thing that doesn't help is that you canceled your plan right away because if you didn't then it would have installed without wi-fi (because or else it has no internet connection) anyway all this might be talking for nothing because there is probably no app like this anywhere in the market but who knows you may get lucky. Also if you had Google latitude set up maybe you could track it with facebook or something (I'm not well versed in Google latitude and stuff so can't help you much there just throwing it out there).

Anyway sorry for the loss of your phone that really sucks to here

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links