Videotron Not Updating Nexus OS?

This is a discussion on Videotron Not Updating Nexus OS? within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I was on the phone with a Videotron rep the other day, trying to find out if and when my Nexus One would ever get ...

Thread: Videotron Not Updating Nexus OS?

Videotron Not Updating Nexus OS?

I was on the phone with a Videotron rep the other day, trying to find out if and when my Nexus One would ever get a system update. The guy said that Videotron would be pushing out updates, but was unable or unwilling to tell me when that might be, as usual.

Meanwhile, the OS has gone from Snapdragon, which I have, to Gingerbread and now to IceCream Sandwich. How long are Videotron users supposed to live with a phone that's at least two OSs out of date?

(The guy also told me that if I flashed a ROM, or whatever that's called, I'd void my warranty).

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First off, please do some search before posting something that has already been discussed.

Second, OS codenames go in the following order: Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread and (in the future; not yet out) Ice Cream.
    Snapdragon is the codename for the CPU that is used in the Nexus One.

Now to answer you, Videotron said it WILL update the Nexus One to 2.3 in the end of April, but they failed to keep their word. They now pushed the date back without saying any precise timeline.

If you want to free your phone from Videotron's useless abuse of power, flash the official Google ROM by using my tutorial (check the sticky topic in this forum). It will NOT void your warranty if you follow my tutorial (I made a tutorial on how to get back to Videotron's ROM if ever you need to bring it back to the store). To prove it to you, plenty of people have brought their phones back after having used my tutorial and no one asked anything. I even brought my phone back too, nothing happened.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links