Reason for update postponement :Videotron will be updating to 2.3.4

This is a discussion on Reason for update postponement :Videotron will be updating to 2.3.4 within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; From videotrons facebook: "Suite à l'arrivée imminente de la version 2.3.4 pour le Nexus One, Google a décidé qu'il serait pr éférable pour tous les ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reason for update postponement :Videotron will be updating to 2.3.4

Reason for update postponement :Videotron will be updating to 2.3.4

From videotrons facebook:
    "Suite à l'arrivée imminente de la version 2.3.4 pour le Nexus One, Google a décidé qu'il serait préférable pour tous les clients Vidéotron de bénéficier de la mise à jour Android la plus récente. Ce choix reporte la mise à disposition sur vos appareils. Nous espérons néanmoins que vous saurez en apprécier l'intérêt. Nous vous reviendrons dès qu'il y aura de nouvelles informations à communiquer sur le sujet"

Translation:

"On the imminent arrival of the version 2.3.4 for Nexus One, Google decided that it would be preferable for all the customers Vidéotron to benefit from the most recent update Android. This choice postpones(puts back) the provision on your devices. We hope nevertheless that you will know how to appreciate the interest. We shall return to you as soon as there will be new information to be communicated on the subject"

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Question how will videotron update our 2.2 version android directly to 2.3.4. Im guessing they will be sending more then one update , to make the upgrade possible

still, if your waiting for that, it can be another long time lol flash the google stock yourself

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    still, if your waiting for that, it can be another long time lol flash the google stock yourself
    +1

ipeck has a point you guys may be waiting a while they talk about 2.2.1 and never came through. So update the way Google wants your phone to be.

Quote Originally Posted by marco96 View Post
    Question how will videotron update our 2.2 version android directly to 2.3.4. Im guessing they will be sending more then one update , to make the upgrade possible
    No, a full build can be flashed over without problem.

But as it was said, forget Videotron, they're useless.

I've just updated today my N1 to 2.3.4 by doing this:
    - follow the Gravufo tuto tu update from Videotron stock 2.2 to 2.2.1 (it works perfectly, except I didn't do the radio flash step)
    - let the N1 do the update to 2.3.4 with option parameters->about phone-> system update.

It's seems to work fine but no real new things with this version. Design has been change a little bit.
    I will see during next days if battery and wifi are more powerfull.

Another one free from vid !! Enjoy

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

After upgrading to 2.3.4, I've problems with the GPS.
    Any application like Google Maps or Copilot connect to the GPS but after a few seconds, the GPS is getting frozen.
    A little bit ennoying for navigation...

I've seen on several forums that this problem is known but not fixed found.

Do you have any idea ?

Gps is fine for me in 2.3.4

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

I agree with Ipeck and Gravufo. I'm with Videotron, and everytime I call for info about the update, I keep getting different answers from every employee. Got fed up and followed Gravufo's tutorial, and now I'm running on android 2.3.4. I also found another tutorial and managed to gain root on android 2.3.4. Bought a second hand nexus one to run tests (so that way if I bricked it, I won't really care) and I learned a lot. Did not brick the second phone, so now I have 2 working phones. Anyways, if you wait for videotron, you'll wait very long for the update, and it won't even be the real 2.3.4.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links