My ultimate goal: cyanogen 7

This is a discussion on My ultimate goal: cyanogen 7 within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Ok just to say that I've read a lot and I've tried a lot and it's not working. I want to update to cyanogen 7 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My ultimate goal: cyanogen 7

My ultimate goal: cyanogen 7

Ok just to say that I've read a lot and I've tried a lot and it's not working.

I want to update to cyanogen 7 but I cant.
    The step I want to do is first update the android version from 2.2 to 2.3.3 or the latest available

Here is my status

I have nexus one bought from videotron unlock that i'm using with FIDO

Android version : 2.2
    baseband version: 32.41.00.32u_5.08.00.04
    kernel version: 2.6.32.9-27227-g3c98b0d
    hayley@m4-dev#1
    build version: 2.16.405.1 cl223106 release-keys

I think I have rooted/unlock my phone and I have flash the recovery image called recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1-CM

I've tried to install cyanogen 5-6-7 and each time after the istallation I reboot my phone and it get stuck on the cyaongen screen until the phone power down and cant be turn on again. Then I remove and reinstall the battery, do a recovery and I'm back at square 1.

I'm assuming that my build version is the source of my problem.

Now aparently you can remove the videotron rom from the nexus one and put the one that was coming the the nexus one bought directly from google

How do you do that? What do you recommand?

Thanks a lot for your help
    Rene

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You simply have to do a FULL wipe before flashing CyanogenMod.

You WILL lose everything in your phone (not on your sdcard though), so make sure you have a NANDROID backup. Also, you could use Titanium backup to backup pretty much everything and restore them once you're on Cyanogen!

If a full wipe doesn't help, tell me and I'll give you a flashable zip that could be viewed as a "nuclear" wipe :D it should solve any problem

Good luck.

ill cross post here, since it is my goal also....

i have done the flashing and everything went smooth, except i cant seem to get 3G working for now... see cross-post:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...g-network.html

sorry if it looks like spam, but it is kind of related...

i did follow partly your tuto gravufo, thanks for putting that up, it helped me jump from stock to 2.3.4 =)

Sorry for the late reply.

I followed a step by step guide that you will find if you type: ''Step by Step Guide on How to Install Cyanogen Mod ROM on your Nexus One'' on google.

So yes I did a full wipe data/factory reset. I tried recovery-RA-nexus-v2.1.1 and recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1-CM. I forgot to mention I also tried :

-81304b2de707.signed-passion-GRI40-from-FRG83G.81304b2d.zip
    -PASSIMG_Passion_Google_WWE_2.16.1700.1_FRG33_relea se_signed.zip
    -Gingerbread_GRI40_v2.zip

that was suppose to update to a newer android version but just like when I tried to install cyanogen 5-6-7, It get stuck this time on the nexus X logo where it try to load for a couple of minutes and then the X logo keep coming up and off every 5 seconds. I waited nealy 10 minutes but nothing. Again, I remove the battery put it back load in recovery and do a Nand restore and everything works fine but still on android 2.2.

So yes if you have your nuclear wipe and you think it will work give me a link to your file

As for the other post well I don't have a data plan for now and I think I would be limited to EDGE speed since my phone is not compatible on the fido 3g But I'm not sure and I don't care for now!

Thanks
    Rene

Quote Originally Posted by ThePooky View Post
    ill cross post here, since it is my goal also....

i have done the flashing and everything went smooth, except i cant seem to get 3G working for now... see cross-post:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...g-network.html

sorry if it looks like spam, but it is kind of related...

i did follow partly your tuto gravufo, thanks for putting that up, it helped me jump from stock to 2.3.4 =)
    please go to my tutorial on how to flash and at the bottom of the page, there is an APN you have to input in order to activate 3G.

That is, if you are with Videotron. Else, you must find your carrier's APN(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rrene View Post
    Sorry for the late reply.

I followed a step by step guide that you will find if you type: ''Step by Step Guide on How to Install Cyanogen Mod ROM on your Nexus One'' on google.

So yes I did a full wipe data/factory reset. I tried recovery-RA-nexus-v2.1.1 and recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1-CM. I forgot to mention I also tried :

-81304b2de707.signed-passion-GRI40-from-FRG83G.81304b2d.zip
    -PASSIMG_Passion_Google_WWE_2.16.1700.1_FRG33_relea se_signed.zip
    -Gingerbread_GRI40_v2.zip

that was suppose to update to a newer android version but just like when I tried to install cyanogen 5-6-7, It get stuck this time on the nexus X logo where it try to load for a couple of minutes and then the X logo keep coming up and off every 5 seconds. I waited nealy 10 minutes but nothing. Again, I remove the battery put it back load in recovery and do a Nand restore and everything works fine but still on android 2.2.

So yes if you have your nuclear wipe and you think it will work give me a link to your file

As for the other post well I don't have a data plan for now and I think I would be limited to EDGE speed since my phone is not compatible on the fido 3g But I'm not sure and I don't care for now!

Thanks
    Rene
    Please try following my tutorial but replacing the ROM file with a full version of CyanogenMOD. By doing so, I will make sure that the procedure is 100% correct!

IF you still need the nuclear wipe, it's right here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17683783/nuc...ipe_format.zip

To use it, you simply have to flash it. Please do so AFTER having taken a backup (if you need to take another one)!

Good luck

I'll try that tomorrow or saturday and I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, Thanks

gravufo what exactly is your "nuclear wipe" I mean what does it do delete all and restore a stock ROM? Does it delete all and install the original shipped ROM (2.1)? What exactly is it?

it's a flash script made by "temasek" from xda-developpers' forum.

What it does is simply wipe twice everything that is wipeable to simply remove ANYTHING and EVERYTHING on the phone's internal memory. Sometimes a normal wipe isn't enough and you need to use that. I had to use it only once til now and it actually did help.

Oh ok that's simple enough although pretty useless for a rooted user cause if it's just a 2X wipe then we can do that with no problem. Only thing is how is a stock user supposed to use this cause the stock recovery only flashes zips that are Google signed?

It's only for people with custom recoveries.

And no, I don't THINK that wiping twice from the Menu does the same thing, since I've seen people that had tried that many times and they still had no success with flashing, but when they used the nuclear wipe flashable zip, it worked... so oh well :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links