Careful, Videotron N1 Owners

This is a discussion on Careful, Videotron N1 Owners within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Power button issues starting here too, thanks for your help! Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Careful, Videotron N1 Owners

Power button issues starting here too, thanks for your help!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

My powerbutton and camera finally gave up the ghost. So I walked into the Videotron retail store on St. Catherine Street just to see what they'd offer. They told me they'd give me a HTC Panache 4G for my 9 month old Nexus One and before I knew it the guy was copying my photographs onto a new 8gig SD chip and I was the proud owner of a Panache.

The HTC Sense UI is glossy and candy-coated after the Google UI, but you get used to it. I suppose I could root it but I'm willing to give this a shot. I have access to Market Apps and was able to side-load the Swype beta as well.

The only flaw I can find is that I don't seem to have access the HTC Sense hub for buying new HTC Sense widgets and such, I assume Videotron prefers I spend my money through them. However videotron's online boutique isn't currently set up with Panache compatible widgets and aftermarket goodies. Not a big deal, but kind of funny.

I have to say the customer service I recieved on St. Catherine's was very good - and the representative switched to English pretty effortlessly.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to get the Nexus S, but I'm quite satisfied with the way I was treated and the outcome of the exchange.

Neat But I think you might be better off with a Panache than a NS

I ended up doing the same thing about a month ago, they swapped my buggy 9 month old N1 for a Nexus S no problem.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I just passed my one year warranty coverage... (already swapped the phone 3 times) Hope it holds for a bit longer cuz otherwise ill be screwed lol

Maybe they'll be cool about it considering what you've been though and you're only a bit over..... I had good luck at the Ile Perrot store. I could drop by there and see if the same guy is there and mention u. My N1 for some reason was working perfect that day but he believed me.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Went through a similar scenario recently... my N1's power button was starting to stick again and become unresponsive (my 2nd N1 so far in a year due to same issue).

I had no problems obtaining a replacement phone.. however, I wanted the Nexus S. When I inquired on this over the phone, they told me I could get whichever available phone such as Nexus S or HTC Panache, if N1 was out of stock at that Videotron store.

When I went to the store, it was a different story.. Apparently, it's up to the supervisor to decide..

Anyways, in the end, depends on the store. If you are in the downtown Montreal area, avoid Eaton Centre... there's a new store in Alexis Nihon mall near Atwater and the dudes there were pretty nice... got Nexus S as a replacement, no problems, no questions..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links