Careful, Videotron N1 Owners

This is a discussion on Careful, Videotron N1 Owners within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I have a friend who's having a problem with the N1 screen. Since Videotron is not offering the N1 anymore and their supply for replacement ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Careful, Videotron N1 Owners

Exclamation Careful, Videotron N1 Owners

I have a friend who's having a problem with the N1 screen. Since Videotron is not offering the N1 anymore and their supply for replacement N1's is getting low, they said to him that they would replace his N1 with the Motorolla XT720.

Basicaly, they want to replace his phone with a lower quality and specs device ! (Lower CPU, RAM and battery) What a ripoff ! Hes said he wanted the NS but they told him he had to pay up the balance fee for the N1 in order to get the NS...

Do not accept these terms ! No n1's to replace a N1 is a contract failure ! Hold on to your point and dont let go of it. If they have no n1 to replace yours, dont let them downgrade your device....

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    Do not accept these terms ! No n1's to replace a N1 is a contract failure ! Hold on to your point and dont let go of it. If they have no n1 to replace yours, dont let them downgrade your device....
    Actually I would take a look at the contract because if they were running low on N1s for a while then usually carriers are good at slipping in something that says that the replacement doesn't have to be the same phone and it can be what ever they chose.

yeah but a phone downgrade is not acceptable. They must give you the equivalent of what you have bought, no less. Most of people chose the N1 for the specs, so... Besides, running on supplies is not our problem. You paid for certain specs, accept no less. Call the "office de la protection du consommateur" pretty sure they will tell you the same.

Specs for N1 : HTC Google Nexus One - Full phone specifications
    Specs for XT720 : Motorola XT720 MOTOROI - Full phone specifications

Less CPU, RAM and Battery is a DOWNGRADE. If you fight a little, with proper proofs, you just might win your point. I know Videotron, my brother in law is working for them (supervisor) and personally won a few issues with them. Fight a bit and you'll win your point.

I completely agree with everything you said it's just that when you said that it's contract failure really it may not be depending on what they said in the contract. But for everything else, downgrade is unacceptable, XT720 is less good the N1, etc I completely agree.

Careful, not because it is said in the contract that it makes it legal. either way, you all now know what to expect

Well I'm no lawyer but if it's in a signed contract AFAIK it means they can do what ever they want but I'll take your word for it

No. Cant put non legal stuff in a contract. Even if signed it can be voided if non legal stuff is in it. Because as you said, not everybody is a lawyer and knows every laws. By definition, a contract is an understanding for 2 parties of good will.

If the equivalent of what you have bought is not available, they CANT give you worse, they should give you better. That I know for sure.

good day to you all

Hi ipeck, what happened with your friend? Did v-idiot-ron change their mind and upgrade him?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Well, vid did have a batch of n1 coming in so hes ok.

I personaly called em for a replacement cuz i have problems for people hearing me right and some power button issues. I asked them wich phone they would give me if no n1 were available. They said the equivalent wich was moto xt720. I laughed and told em it was not equivalent at all since cpu ram and battery specs are lower and told em i would not tolerate any downgrade. He then told me that the nexus s could be equivalent. I said it was a better choice than the xt720 and told him i would not accept any phone other than the ns, htc panache or lg optimus 2x since the specs are similar. He said ok.

So as i said, hold on to your point...

But with the batch of n1 coming in , im ok. Lets just hope they are new and not refurbished n1's. (Wich are easy to spot) (new upc sticker over the old one and sticker behind the battery that is not there if new)

Just got a call from em, he said he received new units and he doesnt hand out refurbished ones cuz hes short on em. Lol yay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links