Should I get a nexus S?

This is a discussion on Should I get a nexus S? within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; nexus s is getting the ice cream sandwich update, only reason I am thinking of switching my nexus one. My nexus one still works great ...

Thread: Should I get a nexus S?

Should I get a nexus S?

nexus s is getting the ice cream sandwich update, only reason I am thinking of switching my nexus one. My nexus one still works great , i never had a problem with it , its 7 months i have it. If videotron gets the galaxy nexus or samsung galaxy SII , then I would buy one of those two. But if videotron doesnt get either of these two then , the nexus s is my best option cause it will get as i mentionned the cream sandwich 4.0 update and its a great phone . Im conficted , my N1 works great but i am getting the i want a new phone itch

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

come on people , i need your suggestions, how is it over 90 of you viewed the thread and not one responded lol .

I for the Nexus S for my wife, who likes it.

The build quality is not the same, imho, I really prefer the more solid feel of the N1.

One thing I'd miss on the S is the trackball notification light. There's no such thing on the NS, so you can't use an awesome app like Lightflow to see at a glance your notifications.

However, the Nexus S has a very snappy feel to it, with improved graphics performance, and of course MUCH more memory for all those apps (although my wife only has about 10, lol). Front camera is another plus that I wish our N1s had.

Screen is also larger by a bit, so you might enjoy that.

Video recording seems a little better on the S, not sure about regular camera.

For me though, none of this is quite compelling enough to make a switch, until the galaxy nexus is available. Even then, I will really miss the trackball notifications. I really like being able to just look at my phone from across the room to know exactly what I missed.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

Oh almost forgot... The Nexus S has real multitouch. N1's glitchy touchscreen has always annoyed me. If you load up those multitouch tests from the market, you'll see that the S can handle more than 2 fingers flawlessly.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

I had the Nexus One and returned it to get a Nexus S.

The reasons I miss my Nexus One:

- The build quality
    - The solidity/metal feel
    - The trackball LED
    - The SD card slot
    - Noise canceling microphone

The things I like about my Nexus S:

- Larger screen
    - Actual multitouch support (up to five fingers)
    - Real AMOLED and not SLCD
    - Wifi that works without disconnecting
    - Solid power button
    - Powerful CPU and GPU
    - Frontal cam
    - Good back cam with a nice low-light picture performance

Notes about the Nexus S:

- You can get a custom kernel (or you can simply install CyanogenMOD) and you'll have backlight notifications which is a small hack to retrieve half the functionality of the trackball LED on the Nexus One.

- You can overclock up to around 1.4 GHz which is a lot more than the Nexus One.

I say, if you can wait for it, get the Galaxy Nexus (which supposedly has a notification LED hidden somewhere). Else, the Nexus S still is a very good choice.

Thanks for the info. My N1 has been perfect since I bought it 7 months. I like the feel but its the fact that Nexus S is getting the ice cream sandwich update thats making think to switch.

Plus i am not sure if my carrier videotron will get the galaxy nexus. If they dont , then I definitely want the S.

I am paranoid the power button on my N1 will stop working , which many report that happening to them . Mines fine as of this moment, no problems.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links