Thinking of buying a Nexus S off someone, got a question

This is a discussion on Thinking of buying a Nexus S off someone, got a question within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hey , someone is selling an unlocked nexus s only few months old, for 300. And lives in montreal , which is where i live. ...

Thread: Thinking of buying a Nexus S off someone, got a question

Thinking of buying a Nexus S off someone, got a question

Hey ,
    someone is selling an unlocked nexus s only few months old, for 300. And lives in montreal , which is where i live. I am with videotron, is it possible i could just put my sim card into this phone and all would be fine ? very new to this , let me know how does this work thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You will need to find out what version of the phone it is at&t or t-mo then check the frequency bands from you carrier and see if they match for Videotron if I remember correctly it's the t-mo version but I'm not sure, anyone care to confirm?

I verified with seller , its the wrong 3g frequencies . So no go . Videotron is asking $423 , to switch my nexus one for a nexus S . Since i am still under contract they want to charge me close to full price and restart my contract . So they only way i could get a switch and not pay , is if my nexus one devolps problems . Even then they said they got a supply of nexus ones from htc with the power button problem resolved . So Unless they run out of those , id be only allowed to exchange with another nexus one. My contract has to end for me to benefit from reduced price under contract. So if they get the galaxy nexus id have to pay full price of the phone to switch lol . what robbery.

Ya well unfortunately that's the way it works :/

BTW when you say the frequencies don't match do you mean it's not t-mo or did you check the videotron and what ever version he told you and the frequencies don't match??

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post

BTW when you say the frequencies don't match do you mean it's not t-mo or did you check the videotron and what ever version he told you and the frequencies don't match??
    The guy said he has a fido version , and that the 3g frequencies for videotron wouldnt match. He says 2g would work, but why would i accept to run on 2g lol .

Quote Originally Posted by marco96 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post

The guy said he has a fido version , and that the 3g frequencies for videotron wouldnt match. He says 2g would work, but why would i accept to run on 2g lol .
    Correction: 2G will NOT work.

If it does work, it would be on the "Partner" network (Rogers) and you would get your IMEI (phone unique identifier) kicked out by Videotron.

Videotron's network is SOLELY 3G!

Hey! Gravufo is correct, the phone might work for a bit but will eventually be blocked after a while if that is the case.

As a general rule, all devices must support AWS 1700/2100 MHz frequencies (both, not one or the other) to be able to register on V network.

You might want to look for T-Mobile (USA) or Wind Mobile (Canada) unlocked devices that support these frequencies.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeiMoSs View Post
    Hey! Gravufo is correct, the phone might work for a bit but will eventually be blocked after a while if that is the case.

As a general rule, all devices must support AWS 1700/2100 MHz frequencies (both, not one or the other) to be able to register on V network.

You might want to look for T-Mobile (USA) or Wind Mobile (Canada) unlocked devices that support these frequencies.

Cheers!
    Do we know this for a fact? How does Videotron decide when to kick out a phone from registering too often on the "partner" network? both my Videotron phones sit all day long on the partner network while I'm at home.

Does this mean my plan to replace my wife's BB Bold an iPhone on the partner network is doomed to fail?

Nate

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links