Videotron doesn't know much

This is a discussion on Videotron doesn't know much within the Vidéotron forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hi everyone, I just chatted with the Videotron tech support. They claim that ICS is beeing tested for the Videotron network and that it is ...

Thread: Videotron doesn't know much

Videotron doesn't know much

Hi everyone,

I just chatted with the Videotron tech support. They claim that ICS is beeing tested for the Videotron network and that it is not available for videotron customers yet. I tried to explain her.

Is it me or they do not know much about technology? You can't block an OTA update for a Nexus S. Some videotron customers already claimed receiving the update.

Can someone confirm all of this? Am I just not well informed or is Videotron the equivalent of someone picking a computer by it's color ...

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It's a bit more complicated than that. Google make the stock/vanilla Android. OEM's tweak the stock Android to suit their needs (HTC adds Sense, Motorola adds Blur, etc). Carriers have also been known to add their own tweaks (notably Vodafone, Videotron, etc).

The only true stock Android comes with the Nexus devices, and even then some carriers still tweak the ROM. I know Vodafone customers suffer from this, so they have been known to install a true stock ROM - mainly to ensure that they get timely updates, because Vodafone can be so slow...

Videotron used to get their ROMs modified for the Nexus One, but they learned the hard way that it was in no way good for them, so they stopped with the Nexus S.

This is to say, the Nexus S we get is the EXACT SAME SAME SAME as the T-Mobile Nexus S in the states. Completely clean.

The update was rolled out to a few customers, but Google stopped the update following the complaints of several users having bad battery life on ICS.

BTW, Videotron is very ignorant indeed so don't even bother trying to explain stuff to them lol

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links