Xperia Play case review thread

This is a discussion on Xperia Play case review thread within the Xperia Play Accessories forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; Originally Posted by gertman Stpped by the Verizon store the other day and was SHOCKED that they had NO cases for the Xperia Play That ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xperia Play case review thread

Quote Originally Posted by gertman View Post
    Stpped by the Verizon store the other day and was SHOCKED that they had NO cases for the Xperia Play
    That wouldn't shock me in the least. The verizon store by me rarely has a very good stock of anything.

Well I bought a universal pouch from my local verizon store and it works pretty good, better than having it in my pocket. Also tomorrow I going over to Phantom Skinz's design center and having a full body skin designed for the Play. Ive used there skins on all my other phones and they are really good. Ive tried Zaggs invisible shield before and no matter how many times I had them replace it, it always wrinkled up. I just thought it was the guy who put it on, but when I have it done four different times by four different guys and they all wrinkle up, its not the install its the shield. Switched to phantom skinz and no issues like this at all.

I purchased a snap on hard rubber case from Verizon. Fits perfectly and doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone

I went to a Verizon store while on vacation and found out they had two cases that would fit. (This particular store outside of Philly didn't even have any Xperia Play phones available to purchase or on display??)

I first bought the rubberized case BUT the bottom half never really snapped securely onto the bottom of the phone. After trying to hold it in place for a while I gave up. The next day I returned it and got the hard rubber case. It looks awesome and the volume buttons are now totally accessible. I a side note, with both these cases the top and bottom of the rear portion is almost totally absent. So in another words, the chrome on the sides is not protected like with my old case. Anyway, i do like it a LOT better!!!!

I purchased the black rubberized casing from Verizon a few months ago as well. Works just fine. Adds a little bulk to it (which is expected with a case). My one big complaint is how little pieces of dirt/junk attract between the textured bumps. I have to clean my phone daily and it never looks fully clean.

I bought the Otterbox Commuter case as I have had it before on my old Droid 2 Global. Absolutely fantastic. Its nice that the case is hard on the outside and has a nice rubber feel on the inside, not only that the case has rubber covers for all the ports. So every aspect of the phone is covered and protected. Its nice, even the shoulder buttons have rubber covers as well.

I ordered the Triton Aegis case. It is basically down to the Otterbox or the Triton case for this phone. Not sure about the Otterbox but the Triton case makes the volume and power buttons so much easier to use it justifies the $25 for it and the case makes gaming for long periods more enjoyable due to the added comfort in your hands. Also the Otterbox only offers black but you can choose from a few colors for the Triton case. I'm not taking anything away from the otterbox but the Triton in my opinion outshines it for this phone. iPhone Covers And Cases, Cases For Apple iPad, iPod & iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S & Motorola Cell Phone Cases, HTC Evo & Incredible Case

Well unlike most people that prefer to buy rubberized/silicone case for grip, i bought a clear hard plastic case from instead. I have been using this case for 2 months already and still love it. Heres the link i bought from eBay Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Clear Hard Cover Phone Case | eBay

It fits really well, doesn't seem to damage the Xperia Play body itself and looks great on white Xperia Play body. The best part i didn't seem to have the grip issue with clear plastic case. So to conclude it:

Adv:
    -Perfect snap on
    -Great on white Xperia Play
    -No gripping problem

Disadv:
    -Must remove the case to be able to dock your Xperia Play (Well at this moment i still can't find any case that able to be docked with case on).
    -Easily scratch (It is clear plastic so yeah......)

Advice for smoker.... dont put your phone and cigarette in same pocket...

So here my Xperia Play with clear plastic case.
    Name:  IMG_0072.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  90.9 KB

Hmm, interesting. Do you find the case comfortable during gaming? I've run into some issues concerning that with my trident case, which I'll talk about in my upcoming video review of the case
    Proud owner of an Xperia PLAY 4G!

Yeap its comfortable during play game. Considering most of the game i play are fighting game in PS1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links