Skinomi Dark Wood Skin Protector

This is a discussion on Skinomi Dark Wood Skin Protector within the Xperia Play Accessories forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; Ordered this on Amazon for $19 Skinomi TechSkin - Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Dark Wood Skin Protector I'm trying this out because I also ordered ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skinomi Dark Wood Skin Protector

Skinomi Dark Wood Skin Protector

Ordered this on Amazon for $19

Skinomi TechSkin - Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Dark Wood Skin Protector

I'm trying this out because I also ordered the multimedia dock, and removing a hard case all the time to dock would get annoying. At least this will provide some sort of protection and some interesting designs.

I'll post how it works out when it ships next week.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
    Ordered this on Amazon for $19

Skinomi TechSkin - Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Dark Wood Skin Protector

I'm trying this out because I also ordered the multimedia dock, and removing a hard case all the time to dock would get annoying. At least this will provide some sort of protection and some interesting designs.

I'll post how it works out when it ships next week.
    Cool! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

Sorry to be a little off topic, but here's my favorite link from that website:

New Arrivals - Skinomi TechSkin™ for Motorola Droid Bionic

LOL :D

It came in over the weekend and I installed the skin last night. You really need a lot of patience and a steady have to make sure they stick on straight. Of course if you don't get it right the first time you can take them off and re-apply them. It takes a while before the glue actually sets. The skin is actually flat so I was wondering how it would fit on a curved Xperia Play, but the material curves nicely, especially once you hit it with a hot blow dryer to soften the material for molding around curved edges.

It looks just like the pictures on their website. The material is very thin but also feels pretty durable. It also does not leave and marks from fingerprints.

I ended up applying the screen protector over the default screen protector because I couldn't for the life of me take off the original screen protector. There are some streaks under the skinomi screen protector, but it says it should go away after 2-3 days, so I'll update whether it actually goes away or not.

Here are pictures of my skinomi!

Taken on my pool table, which explains the green surface (is my phone really that dusty???)

I don't understand, what's the purpose of this? So you don't scratch the body? But then you're just going to end up scratching the wood stuff and I've never seen anyone who uses screen protectors replace either so what's the point. I think this takes away from the phone's innate sexiness.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoiye View Post
    I don't understand, what's the purpose of this? So you don't scratch the body? But then you're just going to end up scratching the wood stuff and I've never seen anyone who uses screen protectors replace either so what's the point. I think this takes away from the phone's innate sexiness.
    To each his own.

The skinomi skin is scratch resistant, and they are so confident it won't scratch that they have a lifetime replacement if it ever does scratch or tear (within reason). The material feels pretty durable. I want close to the protection a case can provide and to use my dock at the same time, so this seems like the best solution to get what I want. They have clear skins, but I happen to like the wood look

This phone by itself feels much more fragile than my OG Droid, especially the flimsy battery cover. I've already damaged the side from dropping it, so this also adds a little more piece of mind.

Well I've used many, many smartphones and I can for one say that there still isn't a phone that feels as solid as the OG Droid. That thing was a brick and could take a beating.

Adding from other thread:

Now that the screen solution has had a few days to clear up it looks great. The dust is on top of the screen. The application method really works in not leaving any dust and air bubbles under the protector. Sometimes it looks like the screen protector is not even there.

It definitely looks better but I still prefer the original look of the device.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links