Lexar 32GB Class 10 Card

This is a discussion on Lexar 32GB Class 10 Card within the Xperia Play Accessories forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; Yeah, I saw this one too. did u read the 1 and 3 star reviews? Apparently this one is counterfeit and reliability is spotty!!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lexar 32GB Class 10 Card

Yeah, I saw this one too. did u read the 1 and 3 star reviews? Apparently this one is counterfeit and reliability is spotty!!

Read the review. The guy said it was counterfeit because it came in a plastic sleeve with no packaging. If he would have read the description it clearly states that this is bulk packaging and to not expect retail packaging.

As for the other guy, you will always have defective products or defective humans that buy the products and don't know how to use them. Go to any memory stick review section and there's always going to be a few people that rate it at 1 star because theirs happened to be the one that failed or they don't know how to use it.

If it makes you feel any better, here's one that comes in retail packaging: Amazon.com: SanDisk 32GB MicroSDHC Card (SDSDQ-032G-A11M, US Retail Package): Electronics

Though it's only Class 2 you should get around Class 4-6 performance based on it being San Disk.

But as you can see, there just isn't any decent Class 6 guaranteed cards in this space size and it's why after about 8 hours of me studying and looking all over the place I just finally decided to get the 32GB Lexar I got and I haven't looked back. I couldn't stand the fact I was buying a Class 2-4 rated card and hoping it would get me Class 6 speeds.

Yeah I hear u BUT just don't have the hundred bucks laying around buy that Lexar. By the way, thanks for all your help on this one!!

No problem, I think the best bet for you is to still go with the San Disk ones for 60 bucks if you really need the space. Even if the card only performs at Class 2 or 4, do you really need the extra speed. If you don't have the money then you shouldn't care if there's an extra second on a load time for a game. Not to mention the only thing the phone really does that would need anything faster is 720p video recording which it doesn't do, so just buy the San Disk I say.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Ya a class 2 is fine. My wife's tbolt comes with a class 2 32gb card and its issue free. No sense in dishing out extra cash for something you will probably never notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    Ya a class 2 is fine. My wife's tbolt comes with a class 2 32gb card and its issue free. No sense in dishing out extra cash for something you will probably never notice.
    While I do agree with this somewhat, I still say it is noticeable, even if just barely in most cases. Though I could see it getting a lot more noticeable if you move all your Apps to your SD card which some might do since the phone itself doesn't have much memory. But I've loaded all my apps on this phone and still have plenty of space so I don't see many people doing this.

I'll be one of those guys. I only have around 100mb free and I am sure that I wil download lots more apps and games in the future.

Still haven't bought a card yet but leaning toward the 60 dollar one.

Quote Originally Posted by gertman View Post
    I'll be one of those guys. I only have around 100mb free and I am sure that I wil download lots more apps and games in the future.

Still haven't bought a card yet but leaning toward the 60 dollar one.
    Get it IMO. Remember that most apps are only 2-3MB big so you have plenty of space for more apps. And if you do run out you can easily transfer the 2-3 biggest ones to your SD card no problem. I really wouldn't worry about the slowness from the SD card for Apps with the exception of games and even then an extra second or two of loading isn't going to kill anyone.

Though any apps you use a lot or run constantly on your phone should be left on the internal storage or the phone will slow down a very small amount. I normally transfer my biggest games to the SD card and even then, I only have 2 of them transferred (Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds)

I pulled the trigger!!! I bought the one from Amazon for 60 bucks that is supposedly a class 4 Sandisk. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003HIWHN0
    Wish me luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by gertman View Post
    I pulled the trigger!!! I bought the one from Amazon for 60 bucks that is supposedly a class 4 Sandisk. Amazon.com: SanDisk Flash 32 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDQM-032G, Black: Electronics
    Wish me luck!!
    Good luck with that. If you have time, it would be nice to see some tests results, you can use the same programs I did. My friend is hoping to get one but wants to make sure it is good first.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links