Audio Cable That Comes With Phone

This is a discussion on Audio Cable That Comes With Phone within the Xperia Play Accessories forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; Hey I'm just curious. There was an extra cable that came with the phone that looked like a small 2-3 inch audio cable. It plugs ...

Thread: Audio Cable That Comes With Phone

Audio Cable That Comes With Phone

Hey I'm just curious. There was an extra cable that came with the phone that looked like a small 2-3 inch audio cable. It plugs into the Audio jack and has another audio jack on the other end. It says for use with non-sony Ericsson headsets.

What exactly is this for? Does this mean I need to have this cable with me to plug in regular headphones or speakers?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It's for headsets with the smaller type of jack. You don't need it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
    It's for headsets with the smaller type of jack. You don't need it otherwise.
    This is incorrect on the latest Xperia Play. The jacks are the same size but if you plug in earphones that are not made for the Xperia (for example Apple), you get a message that the device is not supported. Plug the cable into the phone, then the Apple earbuds into the cable and they work fine.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links