HDMI Out

This is a discussion on HDMI Out within the Xperia Play Accessories forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; I've been hearing from a few places that the USB port can be used for HDMI out. Does anyone know if this is indeed possible ...

Thread: HDMI Out

HDMI Out

I've been hearing from a few places that the USB port can be used for HDMI out. Does anyone know if this is indeed possible and if so how it works? Does it just copy what is on the screen or does it only export video/picture files like the Droid X does? Where can we find the cable needed to convert Micro-USB to HDMI?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry to bump an old thread.... but this would be great to know!
    Proud owner of an Xperia PLAY 4G!

Any meaningful video output is not possible on the Play. It's possible to get video out via apps like Droid VNC, but the frame rate is very low. They took out the HDMI capabilities. Only the dev units have HDMI output.
    See Xperia Play Games on my YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/hairdewx

Yep, this is extremely sad. My hopes of playing emulated games on a big screen TV using the Xperia Play as a controller were dashed. Imagine if they had kept that in there and you could hook your play up to the big screen and play street fighter 2 with a friend that had a ps3 controller connected via blue tooth. Mind = blown!!

That is realistically the saddest thing I've heard today :'( . Oh well, cant have everything...

All hope is not lost! With Sony attempting to finalize the purchase of Sony Ericsson, the connectivity between the phone and the consoles will be bridged even closer. It may be possible soon to use the XPlay as a controller for your PS3, or maybe even to somehow stream your games to your PS3. Not as far fetched as it may sound and maybe even imminent.

Not at all far fetched. I was able to remotely access and control a ps3 with a pspgo, so the PLAY should definitely be able to connect to ps3 in that way.

I've read connecting to HDMI is a feature in the next Android update (Pocket Gamer website)

Also check out the sony ericcson "LiveDock" video on their website. That shows your smartphone rigged up to an HDMI TV via the livedock.

Unfortunately I do not think Xperia PLAY will support hdmi out. The live dock itself does not have hdmi out, any suggestions that it does are wrong. The site says you can use the hdmi out port on your device (if it has one) to hook up to a tv, while the live dock just give you a full sized USB port for mouse, keyboard etc. I could (hopefully) be wrong, and the next firmware update could bring hdmi out to the PLAY, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it

Seriously, does this mean theres currently NO ability for HDMI out Via Bluetooth or WIFI??

How about any future talk about the possibility of wireless HDMI out?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links