Gingerbreak?

This is a discussion on Gingerbreak? within the Xperia Play Development forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; Has anyone tried using the Gingerbreak app to root the Verizon X-Play? Just curious I want to try, but don't really like being an experiment...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gingerbreak?

Gingerbreak?

Has anyone tried using the Gingerbreak app to root the Verizon X-Play? Just curious I want to try, but don't really like being an experiment

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I couldn't get it to work.

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    I say let the Devs figure out a way first - no need bricking a new device on something so unsure

I tried for like 6 hours today. No joke. Either I'm doing something really wrong or it's just not ready to work. Tried Gingerbreak (both the APK and the original binary) and Gingersnap. I was unsuccessful with both.

didnt work on mine either. it'll remove the sd card but wont read it again unless i restart the phone. guess its not working on the vzw version of the phone

They probably patched the phone to stop that from working before sending it out. Don't worry, it's only a matter of time before it gets officially rooted.

I'm really curious how much muscle Verizon is going to push against Ericsson to not allow CDMA unlocking. It's worrisome, but definitely a possibility.

I'm encouraged that the unlock website says they are working on CDMA support and that we can get to fastboot, we just need a key.

I'm guessing that Verizon really doesn't want any unlocking on their network. I sure hope they give on this because it's one of the things that Android has over iPhone (not that it needs anything else now that there's more Android phones than iPhones)

People definitely seem to be having mixed results. I just want root to delete some of their pre-installed crapware I'll never use.

Scotty, just curious which ones you want to remove. I have the Verizon version and it's really lite and only has maybe 2-3 apps I would actually remove.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links