Bootloaders unlocked!!!

This is a discussion on Bootloaders unlocked!!! within the Xperia Play Development forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; Originally Posted by dominus ive been rooted since the op and it is awesome. about the psp gaming, they have an iso converter so that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bootloaders unlocked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    ive been rooted since the op and it is awesome. about the psp gaming, they have an iso converter so that your playstation isos can be converted and played on the native player. Best part is i have wireless tether back :cool:
    So if you root, you get tether? How about Hotspot? Ya have a link to that? ISO Converter thing?

Quote Originally Posted by techelec View Post
    So if you root, you get tether? How about Hotspot? Ya have a link to that? ISO Converter thing?
    Getting free tether requires a new kernel, which is not yet available for Verizon Plays.

Sigh.... Well, no problem. I think hotspot will do for me. Thanks for response.... Anyway, ISO CONVERTER LINK?

Are you sure...?

Quote Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
    Getting free tether requires a new kernel, which is not yet available for Verizon Plays.
    you need a new kernal to achieve root. i have rooted and flashed the kernal and have made my verizon play into a free wireless tether hotspot. as for the converter please look to the xda forum that i posted in the op. i assume since your posting here that you at least know how to navigate another forum.

Just be careful with that. Verizon, like any other provider, can tell when you're using that free wifi-hotspot. Even though you might have unlimited data, that's only for phone data, not for wifi-hotspots. If you use it too much (ie go over 5GB a month) they very likely will charge you for the extra data.

I had that happen to at least two different people I know that had custom kernels that let them do that.

Quote Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
    I should also add that unlocking the boot loader erases all your phone data, so make sure you are ok with that before you do it
    This information depends on the process used to unlock the bootloader

Sweet, I'm waiting for the warranty to run out and the one push root method, but I'm all over OC roms
    Proud owner of an Xperia PLAY 4G!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links