Speeding Up Gallery

This is a discussion on Speeding Up Gallery within the Xperia Play FAQ forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; So this one has bugged me for awhile but I finally found out how to fix it. Over time the gallery can be slow, and ...

Thread: Speeding Up Gallery

Speeding Up Gallery

So this one has bugged me for awhile but I finally found out how to fix it. Over time the gallery can be slow, and it was for me when opening it up. Not only was it slow but it was loading all these pictures from my work email from Touchdown, all my Music folder's album art, and attempting to scan all my Rom directories for my emulators.

Here's a quick fix for anyone that is having the same problem:

1. Create a text file on your computer using notepad that is blank and transfer it to the phone.
    2. On the phone open Astro File Manager and rename the file to .nomedia
    3. Place this file in any directory that has images you don't want to appear in the gallery or has a lot of small files.

I put this file in the root of my music folder, my roms folder, the nitrodesk folder (for Touchdown) and my gallery loads in seconds again. Definitely a nice speedup.

Edit: Just an FYI, this will also make any music and video directories not be scanned so if you use the default music or video players you may want to avoid putting a .nomedia file in those directories. I myself use Meridian for Music and Videos so it's not an issue for me.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Great post. You can also add a . to the front of any folder name. But this will make the data unseen by any app.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    Great post. You can also add a . to the front of any folder name. But this will make the data unseen by any app.
    Yeah I thought about that but then even using music/picture apps that have file browsers you will run into trouble if they can't see the folders. Not to mention folders that are created by apps themselves (like touchdown) will just create a new folder if you add a . to the front of it since it thinks the folder is now gone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links