Xperia Play Emulation guide

This is a discussion on Xperia Play Emulation guide within the Xperia Play Games forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; Originally Posted by hairdewx Which option is that? I see Gte and HLE but I have no idea what they mean... Turn off HLE, that's ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Xperia Play Emulation guide

Quote Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
    Which option is that?

I see Gte and HLE but I have no idea what they mean...
    Turn off HLE, that's bios emulation. The emulator performs much better if you load a correct bios and turn that option off. GTE should remain on for nearly all games.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoiye View Post
    Turn off HLE, that's bios emulation. The emulator performs much better if you load a correct bios and turn that option off. GTE should remain on for nearly all games.
    Does GTE enable GPU acceleration? If so, I've had it on the whole time and have only noticed small performance gains in the few games I have tried.

GT2 still has menu slowdown issues, but the actual driving portion of the game is 60 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
    Does GTE enable GPU acceleration? If so, I've had it on the whole time and have only noticed small performance gains in the few games I have tried.

GT2 still has menu slowdown issues, but the actual driving portion of the game is 60 fps.
    Unfortunartely it is not. GTE is just a software core that renders the graphics. The emulator still uses little to none of the graphics card's power.

Most games I've played work at 60fps on the emulator. And if they don't, you can always try the euro versions that run at 50fps to see if that helps. I'm still hoping that now that the dev has fixed so many compatibility issues he starts to focus on improving the speed more and incorporating the graphics card into the emulator. Also having the dual touchpads function as analog sticks for the Xperia Play would be a plus too, but many PS1 games don't necessarily need them.

GameBoiye,

Can you please tell me what these are:

-Mdec Acceleration
    -Boost Mode

Playing around with these settings I was able to get Need For Speed High Stakes to work GREAT BUT the phone actually gets warm. With all other games PSX games I have tried the phone never gets worm.

Quote Originally Posted by gertman View Post
    GameBoiye,

Can you please tell me what these are:

-Mdec Acceleration
    -Boost Mode

Playing around with these settings I was able to get Need For Speed High Stakes to work GREAT BUT the phone actually gets warm. With all other games PSX games I have tried the phone never gets worm.
    I normally leave Mdec, Gte, and fast booting turned on and HLE always off and boost occasionally. I only have about 10-12 games I play regularly so I can't be exactly sure what they are for. My best guess is that the emulator attempts to fully render the game as is and then enabling Mdec and Gte applies shortcuts or optimizations in the code to get speed boosts. Both acceleration cores are very good and I've only ever heard of a game or two (out of hundreds) where it can break them.

As for boost most, it's similar to Mdec and Gte as it uses some programming shortcuts to help improve speed but isn't as stable as the other accelerators and some games don't run properly with it enabled. That's why there's a warning to not abuse boost. I would leave the three on I recommended and only make changes if something doesn't work. I also always leave Spu Sync turned on. All the games I play run fine with it turned on so I haven't had a need to turn it off.

Updated First post

System Settings INFO:
    MDEC Acceleration - help speed up emulation of MDEC movies.
    GTE Acceleration - Geometry transformation engine, used for the 3D graphics
    HLE Mode - High-level emulation (HLE) is an approach for construction of emulators, especially for video game consoles, which attempts to simulate the response of the system rather than accurately recreating its internal design.

You should add to not enable HLE. Thats is only necessary when you do not load a bios. Loading the bios makes the emulator work much better and then you can disable HLE.

To quote i900frenchaddict from the FPSECE.net forums:

Quote Originally Posted by i900frenchaddict
    "HLE is High Level Emulation, meant to run games without using a bios. If you load a bios, disable HLE
    HLE is usually slower and may lead to save games problems."
    And here's from the developer himself schtruck:

Quote Originally Posted by schtruck
    Just because starting in HLE is not a good idea, many game can't start in this mode....
    And:

Quote Originally Posted by schtruck
    about boost mode, it work only once Bios is selected and HLE is off.

updated .

Sweet thanks, this is really turning into a nice list. I wonder if there are any more options we can add. Maybe recommend enabling the C core for Snesoid as it provides better sound and emulation and the Xperia Play can still run nearly all SNES games at full speed with it on?

Other than that it seems perfect. If I think of anything else to add I'll let you know.

Hey I noticed on my FPse emulator, which I have moved to the SD card is storing 25mb of data on my phone!! How can I move this to my SD card?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links