Xperia Play Emulation guide

This is a discussion on Xperia Play Emulation guide within the Xperia Play Games forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; yeah there are a lot of complaints about it. it doesn't seem the dev is really doing much in the way of updating it, so ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Xperia Play Emulation guide

yeah there are a lot of complaints about it. it doesn't seem the dev is really doing much in the way of updating it, so i think people are getting a little frustrated for the high price of it.

on another note, i don't think i'm able to map the mouse controls to xperia buttons on the scumm emulator, so we may need to remove it

Well we can still leave it as long as it says it doesn't support the hardware controls. It's another option so there's no reason not to post it.

Is Tiger Arcade not in the market anymore? dang...

EDIT*

Looks like all the Tiger apps are gone...

Jarcade is a DECENT MAME emulator.....in some ways better than Tiger, in others not so much.

How better?
    Strider works no sound issues, same for Ghouls and ghosts, classics like Ms. Pac Man, galaga,frogger, missle command work, Golden Axe (LOVE IT), TMNT, Outrun..............all work great!!!!!! Also some Neogeo roms run too.

bad? works with Mame roms version .34 so you have to dial your roms back for them to work, a lot of people are too stupid/too lazy to mess with it. Also the UI kinda sucks balls, reverse alphabetical order with 100s of roms in no fun. Also obviously a lot of roms don't load or crash. Also because his blog hasn't been updated in ages people think the app is dead but it's not.

He just added Xperia play buttons the other day. The way to map them is weird, you select the button, say button 1...the keyboard comes up...minimize the keyboard and the cursor is STILL there...THEN press your button to map. You'll see if you try it.

I think it's worth the money now with this phone (before with the Droid I did have buyers remorse) - but I'm now playing it everyday and just trying OLD games.

With Tiger seemingly pulled this is the only market MAME option to be had. For now?

Anyone else notice the emulator spamming of NES, SNES apps....what's with all that?

Ive been playing through ff8 on fpse but the fmv videos dont Work. They Just are a gray screen. Any one have this problem yet?

Quote Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
    Ive been playing through ff8 on fpse but the fmv videos dont Work. They Just are a gray screen. Any one have this problem yet?
    I didn't get that issue...

Hey check out the new N64 Emulator, Mupen64plus Android edition :

Mupen64plus Android edition [port] [new n64 emulator] - xda-developers

I have actually been following this for awhile. However, this is not ready for prime use yet. I still still stick to Yong's N64 emulator for now as he's had several months of bug fixes and optimizations on his that still makes his much better. Perhaps in another 3-4 months this emulator will be good, but N64 emulators take a lot more work than people think.

MAME4droid : imame4all - MAME for ALL iOS and Android Devices. - Google Project Hosting

I have tried Tiger & Jarcade - both are improving but for me overall MAME4droid beats them hands down hardware button support easily setup. No need to faff with roms - just grab em and go!

It's also free.

So for whatever reason I never actually got into MAME at all. I've only ever had emulators for the games I actually had as a kid so I could replay them (old games without the nostalgia are sometimes hard for me to play). What games for MAME are popular these days?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links