looking for the missing launch titles?

This is a discussion on looking for the missing launch titles? within the Xperia Play Games forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; if your looking for the launch titles for the play, well its pretty much just going into the market and searching for 'xperia play optimized'. ...

Thread: looking for the missing launch titles?

looking for the missing launch titles?

if your looking for the launch titles for the play, well its pretty much just going into the market and searching for 'xperia play optimized'. but where are all the other mentioned games like NOVA, splinter cell, spiderman, and the xperia play exclusive Back stab???
    gamelofts website is where they are. go to Mobile Games - Top iPhone Games, Android Games, Java Games for Cell Phones | Gameloft on your device and it will automatically show you the games available for the play. they are also cheaper.
    server is secured and you can pay by credit, paypal or amazon.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I for one hate this idea. Why can't everyone just put their games on the Android market and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoiye View Post
    I for one hate this idea. Why can't everyone just put their games on the Android market and be done with it.
    Both Google and Apple take a 30% cut of all sales in their respective markets, which is HUGE considering the already low profit margins on these apps. Then add in the various taxes and fees and you're looking at paying over 50% before you even get any money back to pay for your sunk costs and expenses in developing the game or app.

Then there is the other issue of a single entity that can dictate what people can and can't buy. That's why I think there will always be market fragmentation on the Android side unless Google pulls an "Apple", which isn't that why many Android users stay away from Apple products?

Quote Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
    Both Google and Apple take a 30% cut of all sales in their respective markets, which is HUGE considering the already low profit margins on these apps. Then add in the various taxes and fees and you're looking at paying over 50% before you even get any money back to pay for your sunk costs and expenses in developing the game or app.

Then there is the other issue of a single entity that can dictate what people can and can't buy. That's why I think there will always be market fragmentation on the Android side unless Google pulls an "Apple", which isn't that why many Android users stay away from Apple products?
    But in the end it's the same way with PS3 or Xbox and the margins are even bigger with those companies, yet you'll find plenty of games that come out for the systems and on their online market place. To say that releasing Apps or games on the Android or IOS market place should be different is one thing but the fact is they are trying to emulate the same type of eco system. I don't see it as a bad thing necessarily as it's one of the rare ways that Google makes money off it's OS and any extra money they make from the market will go into more R&D that will only make Android better.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoiye View Post
    But in the end it's the same way with PS3 or Xbox and the margins are even bigger with those companies, yet you'll find plenty of games that come out for the systems and on their online market place. To say that releasing Apps or games on the Android or IOS market place should be different is one thing but the fact is they are trying to emulate the same type of eco system. I don't see it as a bad thing necessarily as it's one of the rare ways that Google makes money off it's OS and any extra money they make from the market will go into more R&D that will only make Android better.
    I don't fully agree with the PS3 and Xbox Live ecosystem as well. Because of their ecosystems we'll probably never get to see true cross platform compatibility between the consoles. We'll also never get to see a full range of programs and content because they censor the crap out of everything there. I can see how they can justify the licensing fees and such because they are the ones that also create the hardware and OS's. Same goes with Apple.

Now with Google, they didn't actually create Android (they bought the company that originally made Android), and they don't create the hardware for all the things that use the OS. They also declared the OS open source, so the community plays a part in developing Android. So making an extra 30% for holding apps and games they didn't create for their open source OS seems a little much for me. At least they gives devs a choice, which is more than what the other companies do. Imagine if app devs such as Yongzh had nowhere else to go after being kicked out of the Market...

I think most of the games mentioned in the first post just showed up in the "more Xperia Play Games" section when u slide out your game pad. So they are on the Verizon Market. Do u like that any better GameBoyie? LOL I really can't answer that since I have yet to buy anything from the Verizon Market.

Does anyone know if the Verizon Market has the ability to update links like the Android and Amazon Markets?

you know what I cant stand is why do we need to use WIFI to update our games instead of 3G. I dont have internet at my house & i bought a couple of games & now I need a WIFI source. I had to drive 25 mins to my brothers house to update the games to play them. Retarded

Quote Originally Posted by 4lc4pon3 View Post
    you know what I cant stand is why do we need to use WIFI to update our games instead of 3G. I dont have internet at my house & i bought a couple of games & now I need a WIFI source. I had to drive 25 mins to my brothers house to update the games to play them. Retarded
    It's Verizon's fault and probably will be that way for awhile. And even if Verizon didn't make it mandatory many developers would still use that system rather than forcing a user to wait 5-10 times longer to download the content via 3G. And even more-so this would cause problems as some customers do not have unlimited data and would blame app makers for their extra data charges because it "accidentally" downloaded from 3G.

My suggestion is either to get internet (you can get cheap DSL that comes with a WiFi router for 20 bucks a month in most areas) or find a local Starbucks/McDonalds that offers free WiFi.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links