Gameloft Let's Golf 2 HD support

This is a discussion on Gameloft Let's Golf 2 HD support within the Xperia Play Games forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; So, my buddy and I found a bug in "Let's Golf 2 HD" for Xperia Play by Gameloft. During a LOCAL (ad-hoc) multiplayer "Match"-type game ...

Thread: Gameloft Let's Golf 2 HD support

Gameloft Let's Golf 2 HD support

So, my buddy and I found a bug in "Let's Golf 2 HD" for Xperia Play by Gameloft. During a LOCAL (ad-hoc) multiplayer "Match"-type game between two phones, with default players on the default golf course; the game will freeze up after a few holes and we have to force quit the game.

This is Gameloft's response:
    "I suggest that you contact your Internet provider to check if the connection is stable. Besides please ask him to check if all the ports used in the game are open."

My response to that was:
    "We play on a LOCAL network. What ports are required to be open? This problem is always during match play. Default character with default course. It should be easy to reproduce all the bugs I have found. What version number of this game is on the Gameloft.com website for Xperia Play?"

Gameloft's response to that was:
    "Unfortunately, I can't tell you the exact name of the ports which should be open since it's not the same ones in different games.
    Just ask you provider to make sure that the game could use the internet access without any restriction. Your Internet provide could figure it out easily.
    Concerning your question about the game version, it's 1.0.2 now."

- AD-HOC CONNECTIONS DO NOT REQUIRE A WIFI INFRASTRUCTURE. –LET ALONE A WIDE AREA CONNECTION FROM AN INTERNET PROVIDER.
    NETWORK PORTS USE NUMBERS –NAMES ARE OPTIONAL.
    WHY WOULD ANYONE MAKE A CELL PHONE GAME THAT REQUIRES PORTS TO BE OPENED?

=I THINK I AM CORRESPONDING WITH THE WRONG PERSON ON THIS TECHNICAL ISSUE…

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yeah it almost seems like an automated script to find key words in your responses...

I have the game but have not done any multiplayer games.

Is it possible for you and your friend to try multiplayer over the internet rather than ad-hoc? Maybe you'll have different results...

I will try that. Another bug is that the game does not save your online user name or password (even when you check the box that says save). You must type in your online username and password every time.

Same problem in online mode.

Exclamation Let's Golf 2 HD Freezes in Local Multiplayer Mode

Let's Golf 2 HD v1.0.3 Android Xperia Play
    Game Freezes in Multiplayer Local Match Play (Requires 2 Xperia Play phones)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE BUG:
    Main menu > Multiplayer > Local > Create Room > Character select screen: Check Button > Level select screen: options selected; "Easy", "H 1-18", "Match Play", Check Button > Game lobby: Let peer phone join room, Check Button > In Game: Play Through a few Holes (sometimes 3 or more) > Hole 3 or higher: Host phone screen frozen watching peer golfer & Peer phone screen frozen watching host golfer.

Gameloft Support Let's Golf 2 HD progress

So, I settled for Gameloft's offer of two free games. They agreed to honor my offer later when new games release. They also said they would look into the golf bug. (the score is wrong and multiplayer gameplay will eventually freeze)
    Name:  GolfXperiaClient.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  38.2 KB

Well at least they are trying to offer support

I just got a prompt to update my game, I wonder if it's your bug fix? haha.

Quote Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
    Well at least they are trying to offer support

I just got a prompt to update my game, I wonder if it's your bug fix? haha.
    : The higher version # they sent us says 1.0.3 in the "Manage Apps" section on the phone. (it still says 1.0.2 on the in-game credits under "options>about")

Sigh.... sometimes, gameloft THINKS they produce such 'high quality' games, so they just don't answer and not really care about you. They think their so important. Not. I have only owned 8 gameloft games. It won't change anything. My favorite is a Gameloft, but it still doesn't matter. (StarFront, if you must)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links