PSXPERIA: How to increase compatibility of the native emulator with more games

This is a discussion on PSXPERIA: How to increase compatibility of the native emulator with more games within the Xperia Play Games forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; Originally Posted by hairdewx Added a video of FF7 running with SW-render set to true Hairdewx, a few questions. Have you been playing with FPSE ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSXPERIA: How to increase compatibility of the native emulator with more games

Quote Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
    Added a video of FF7 running with SW-render set to true
    Hairdewx, a few questions. Have you been playing with FPSE by any chance? If so and you have it, any chance you can take a screenshot of FF7 running on it (without smoothing) and compare it to one of PSXperia FF7 to see which one looks better? Also how does this PSXperia handle disk swaps? FPSE just finally added eboot support which means I can just transfer all the games I buy on the PSN directly to my phone. Unless the PSXperia FF7 runs a lot better than on FPSE (based on the video they seem to run almost identical minus a few "wrong" sounds on FPSE) I think I'm just going to stick with FPSE.

I wonder if that coder will ever be able to package PSXperia into a format that allows for loading of eboots and work more like a regular emulator. Or at least convert directly from eboot files. I guess I can dream.

Yeah give me some time to get some screenshot comparisons

Here are the comparison's between FPSE and SW-render of the native emulator. We can see some subtle differences. It looks as though the native emulator has some soft of filtering or smoothing on. The frame rate is more stable on the native emulator.

As for game saves, I think we can transfer memory cards between the games.

FPSE:

Native SW-render:

FPSE:

Native SW-render:

You can really see the filtering in the FMV's.

FPSE FMV:

Native FMV:

Of course the main reason I am liking the native emulator is this I love seeing the individual icons for each game I own.

silly question, but using the native emulator like this requires root, yes? the directions aren't super clear, and i haven't taken the time yet to figure out exactly what they are asking, so i'm assuming root is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
    silly question, but using the native emulator like this requires root, yes? the directions aren't super clear, and i haven't taken the time yet to figure out exactly what they are asking, so i'm assuming root is needed.
    You shouldn't need root for this. You'll need a file explorer to copy Crash from your /system/app folder so you can use it in the PSXPERIA tool.

Quote Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
    Here are the comparison's between FPSE and SW-render of the native emulator. We can see some subtle differences. It looks as though the native emulator has some soft of filtering or smoothing on. The frame rate is more stable on the native emulator.

As for game saves, I think we can transfer memory cards between the games.
    Thanks for all this. This definitely looks better. So from what you can say, FF7 plays better in every way on the native emulator? I'm about 5 hours in and still haven't figured out how to transfer my save files from FPSE to the native emulator. If it is indeed better in every way I just might start over fresh. What do you think Hairdewx?

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoiye View Post
    Thanks for all this. This definitely looks better. So from what you can say, FF7 plays better in every way on the native emulator? I'm about 5 hours in and still haven't figured out how to transfer my save files from FPSE to the native emulator. If it is indeed better in every way I just might start over fresh. What do you think Hairdewx?
    So I've been looking at this for a bit. the MCD files that FPSE uses seems to be the exact same file size as the save files from the Sony emulator. However, their file structure seems to be different. I wonder if there's a way to convert it as I doubt you could just rename the FPSE memory cards to the 0.raw or 1.raw and get them to work. Though I haven't tried it yet but I'll give it a shot tonight to see if that works.

So I've been looking at this for a bit. the MCD files that FPSE uses seems to be the exact same file size as the save files from the Sony emulator. However, their file structure seems to be different. I wonder if there's a way to convert it as I doubt you could just rename the FPSE memory cards to the 0.raw or 1.raw and get them to work. Though I haven't tried it yet but I'll give it a shot tonight to see if that works.
    You should be able to just rename it and use it in either emulator.

OMG where did you find this, or was this something you came up on your own. Also, since you seem to be "in the know" for this, are there any compatability lists you know of that are decent? Perhaps with lists of which settings to use for which games?

Thanks a lot for this. I made my first game yesterday (Castlevania: SOTN) and was somewhat sad to see graphics problems all over it and it being unplayable. I'll see if the adjusted settings fix the issue.
    Here is a continually updated compatibility list

https://github.com/yifanlu/PSXperia/wiki/Compatibility

I can't seem to find the preferences.xml its not in the game i played and its not in my crash.zpak I have played crash alittle bit but not for long anyone know how i can get this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links