PSXPERIA: How to increase compatibility of the native emulator with more games

This is a discussion on PSXPERIA: How to increase compatibility of the native emulator with more games within the Xperia Play Games forums, part of the Sony Xperia Play category; Originally Posted by Robomiller I can't seem to find the preferences.xml its not in the game i played and its not in my crash.zpak I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PSXPERIA: How to increase compatibility of the native emulator with more games

Quote Originally Posted by Robomiller View Post
    I can't seem to find the preferences.xml its not in the game i played and its not in my crash.zpak I have played crash alittle bit but not for long anyone know how i can get this?
    In Crash set it to wide screen and switch it back to original, etc. Doing that should force the game to create a preferences.xml.

The xml file is located on your sd card at: /sdcard/Android/data/com.sony.playstation.XXXXXXX/files/ucc/[some generated name]/preferences.xml
    See Xperia Play Games on my YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/hairdewx

Quote Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
    Here is a continually updated compatibility list

https://github.com/yifanlu/PSXperia/wiki/Compatibility
    I have any issue with one of these entries: at least on the FPSe I had the same issue as described for the Italian Job but I tried a different ROM (I think compression was different) and now it works like a champ!!

Heyo everyone,

While having the psxperia in my hands for quite sometime, I've always wanted to try to do a couple things specifically with the save files. I looked practically everywhere, including other big dev sites like xda. Still I couldn't find the information I needed exactly, and people wouldn't really explain what they had to do to achieve certain things. So I was trying to basically run psxperia native emulator with Suikoden 2 loaded, and import saved data from Suikoden 1. I can confirm that slot1 = 0.raw, and slot2 = 1.raw. The only tricky part to this is before renaming the file to 0.raw or 1.raw, make sure to check that the save game you want is actually on the slot1.mcd. I had to redo it several times due to the file not being on there. Psxmemtool probably works the best out of all the different ones I tried.

So I was able to run Suikoden 2, and import save data from suikoden 1. Its kinda annoying, but each games 1.raw or 0.raw file, is unique. Meaning, if you want to import a certain save, it has to be on the 1.raw or 0.raw of the specific game. Reason I find this annoying, is if you have a game and its sequal. You completed the first, want to import to the 2nd. In order to do that, you have to go through the steps I listed above. Also there may be a limit to how many slots the game actually sees on the memory card inside of the game. Hopefully we'll see other improvements to the native emulator someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Silvist View Post
    Heyo everyone,

While having the psxperia in my hands for quite sometime, I've always wanted to try to do a couple things specifically with the save files. I looked practically everywhere, including other big dev sites like xda. Still I couldn't find the information I needed exactly, and people wouldn't really explain what they had to do to achieve certain things. So I was trying to basically run psxperia native emulator with Suikoden 2 loaded, and import saved data from Suikoden 1. I can confirm that slot1 = 0.raw, and slot2 = 1.raw. The only tricky part to this is before renaming the file to 0.raw or 1.raw, make sure to check that the save game you want is actually on the slot1.mcd. I had to redo it several times due to the file not being on there. Psxmemtool probably works the best out of all the different ones I tried.

So I was able to run Suikoden 2, and import save data from suikoden 1. Its kinda annoying, but each games 1.raw or 0.raw file, is unique. Meaning, if you want to import a certain save, it has to be on the 1.raw or 0.raw of the specific game. Reason I find this annoying, is if you have a game and its sequal. You completed the first, want to import to the 2nd. In order to do that, you have to go through the steps I listed above. Also there may be a limit to how many slots the game actually sees on the memory card inside of the game. Hopefully we'll see other improvements to the native emulator someday...
    The bottom of the first post in this thread does mention that the memory cards between FPSE and PSXPERIA are interchangeable - they just need a rename.

Some people have messed with a config/ToC entry in PSXPERIA pointing to the memory card location to try to have separate discs of a game point to the same memory card, but I don't know if it worked out for them or not.
    See Xperia Play Games on my YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/hairdewx

Yeah I realize you posted info regarding the save files, I just wanted to expand on it from what I experienced. I realize you pointed that out, and i'm not by any means trying to take your credit. Interesting about the config/ToC entry, but sounds kinda problematic. I really want to see if anyone out there knows tweaks or lines of code that can be used to enhance performance from the preferences.xml. Though the only people who may specifically know that are probably working for SE lol. Or its possible that certain existing emulator coding for PSX like fpse, and psxdroid; could be used in the preferences.xml.

Still though SW-render made a huge impact for me on quite a bit of games. Also I haven't looked at all preferences.xml in the games that current exist on the market. I'm guessing they are all the same, but I also heard there's different versions of the native emulator (based on the build version of the stock xperia play rom). Again I ment no disregard from all the great information you posted, in fact I learned quite a bit from it. Thanks again.

Anyone here happen to have experience with PSXperia in regards to Xenogears, Star Ocean 2, or Final Fantasy Tactics? I am planning on playing through all three of these and not sure if I should stick with FPSE or play these on PSXperia.

i have tried and tried to get psxperia to work on my phone. i complete all of the steps that i can. i get the game on my phone and installed but when i try to open it i see an updating screen for about half a second then it crashes back to my main screen. i have tried posing on the forums on the other site with no real answers. if anyone has had this experience or knows my problem please help me out i would love to play ff7 and tactics as well as some of my other old games. also if i can get it working i would like the pictures for the icons if someone could post them already edited down to the correct size and format that would be a massive time saver thanks a ton everyone.

okay. i have a problem.

i do exactly what the guide says. I open up my preferences.xml, and switch sw-render to "true". i then save the file, exit out of it and go back to the game with the problems. when i finally open up the game i turned the software rendering on for, it has the same exact glitches as it did before. so, i go all the way back to step 1 and check the preferences.xml again and the sw-render is set to "false" again! what the hell?! what do i do T_T

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links