» Welcome to the .net Android Forum!
Welcome to Android.net, a worldwide Android Forum
and Android News
site for discussions of all Android Phones
. Our main goal is to provide a friendly, fun and educational community to like-minded individuals who have a common passion for Android.
The first thing to do is to Register, it's free
and only takes 10 seconds. There are many benefits of becoming a member of Android.net, such as free downloads, the ability to participate in discussions, ask questions, downloads, and by popular request the ability to create a unique email address and forward all mail to that address to your existing email account. You can pick your own username but pick wisely as you will not be able to change it. In addition the names are available on a first come, first served basis. For help on creating your @android.net email address, check out this thread: Setting up your @Android.net Email Account
Nov 25, 2014 - 10:18 AM - by dgstorm
Best Buy is pulling out all the stops for their Black Friday 2014 sale. They are kicking off their Black Friday sale at 5PM Thursday (Thanksgiving Day). They will be closing at 1AM and then reopening for their normal business hours on Friday morning. Their best deal is a Galaxy S5 on contract for only $1, but here are a slew of additional offers worth checking out:
- HTC Desire 510 4G on Virgin Mobile for $29.99 w/ no contract
- LG G3 on Verizon, Sprint or AT&T for $1 w/ two-year contract
- Samsung Galaxy S5 on AT&T, Sprint or Verizon for $1 w/ two-year contract
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 $0 down for well-qualified buyers with $50 Best Buy gift card
- Samsung Galaxy S3 4G on Sprint Prepaid for $79.99 w/ no contract
- Unlocked Sony Xperia T2 Ultra 4G for $199.99
- Amazon Fire HD 6-inch 8GB for $79.99
- ASUS MeMo Pad 7 with case and 8GB microSD card for $99.99
- ASUS Transformer Pad TF0310 10.1-inch 16GB for $179.99
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 8GB for $149.99
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 16GB for $399.99
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32GB for $449.99
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 16GB for $199.99
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids’ Edition 7-inch 8GB for $129.99
- Chromecast for $23.99
- Mophie JuicePack Powerstation Duo battery pack for $59.99
- RocketFish capacitive stylus for $3.99
- Samsung Galaxy S5 S-View Flip cases for $24.99
- Samsung Level On headphones for $99.99
- Samsung 64GB microSD Class 10 for $24.99
- Fitbit Activity + Sleep tracker for $99.99
- Fitbit Flex Activity + Sleep tracker for $79.99
- Jawbone Up24 fitness band for $79.99
- Pebble SmartWatch for $79.99
- Pebble Steel SmartWatch for $149.99
- Samsung Gear Fit for $99.99
*There's one other really cool offer at Best Buy worth mentioning separately. You can actually trade-in any working tablet toward the purchase of a Google Nexus 9 tablet and Best Buy will give you $100 off. This comes in the form of a $50 instant discount and a $50 Best Buy gift card.
Here's the Best Buy link to check out these deals: Black Friday 2014 Deals - Best Buy
Nov 20, 2014 - 11:14 AM - by dgstorm
The factory image for Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Nexus 6 is available now from Google. This version is "LRX210," and can be downloaded from the links below. This is the best way to have a consistent base OS for your device in case you ever need to recover from a catastrophe. We even included a link to the binaries. Enjoy!
Nov 14, 2014 - 2:57 PM - by dgstorm
The Asus ZenWatch Android Wear smartwatch is now available on the Google Play Store. The device will set you back $199.99. Here's a Play Store description to let you know what you are getting for the money:
Here's a breakdown of specs:
Time-honored tradition, smart innovation
ASUS ZenWatch is an exquisitely crafted watch that seamlessly pairs with an Android smartphone. It provides relevant and useful information when it is needed most and serves as a wellness manager.
- Android Wear
- 1.63” AMOLED display - Resolution 320 x 320
- Water Resistant Rating IP55
- Weight 75g
- Battery 1.4Wh
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 processor with 1.2GHz CPU
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 512MB RAM
- Micro USB on Charging Cradle
- 9 Axis Sensor & Bio-sensor
It's currently in-stock and says it will ship in 1-2 days from the time of the order (as of the time of the post November 14th, 2014 at 3PM CTD). Here's the link to the Play Store: ASUS ZenWatch - Devices on Google Play
Nov 13, 2014 - 11:12 AM - by dgstorm
For folks who don't want to wait for the Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA update to push out to their older Nexus devices, Google has made the factory images available for several of them. Of course, the other great reason to have the factory images is if you need to recover your device back to factory after any disastrous tinkering.
Here are those Android 5.0 Lollipop download links:
Here's the Android Quick Start Guide for you to get started flashing these: Android Quick Start Guide Android 5.0 Lollipop - Books on Google Play
Don't forget that everything on your device will be wiped if you flash this, so keep that in mind.
Nov 13, 2014 - 11:02 AM - by dgstorm
NVIDIA just made some big announcements for the Shield Tablet in a video teaser shown above. First, owners of the NVIDIA Shield should be happy to hear that it will be getting Android 5.0 Lollipop on November 18th.
That's not the only announcement that NVIDIA shared regarding the Shield. They also announced open beta availability of GRID, their upcoming cloud-gaming platform. GRID will support over 20 games immediately, including Batman Arkham Asylum, Borderlands 2 and a few more high profile titles. The service will be entirely free for Shield Tablet and Shield Portable owners through June 30th 2015.
Next, NVIDIA also shared they will be offering a Half-Life bundle this holiday season. It will include Half-Life 2 , Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and Portal.
Finally, NVIDIA also shared four new SHIELD-optimized games available through Google Play:
- OddWorld: Stranger’s Wrath – a drifter turned bounty hunter is set loose in this sprawling action-adventure game.
- Pure Pool – superb visual effects and multi-player action make for a sophisticated take on a virtual pool hall. Strike Suit Zero – Born Ready Games’ space combat game features sprawling space battles gamers can experience on SHIELD’s 8-inch display or big-screen TVs.
- Turbo Dismount – The legendary crash simulator is now on Android, with smooth full resolution 4x MSAA visuals on SHIELD tablet.
Nov 13, 2014 - 10:35 AM - by dgstorm
Google's Android Twitter account just sent out the above Tweet this morning. As you can see, Android 5.0 Lollipop is now rolling out to most Nexus devices. While the specifics aren't mentioned, you get bet they are probably referring to Nexus 4, 5, 7, & 10 devices.
Nexus owners can now start feverishly clicking "check update" obsessively...
Thanks for the tip, [USER=19076]@Garemlin[/USER]
Nov 10, 2014 - 11:04 AM - by dgstorm
The video below shows off something pretty cool... it's an LG G Watch with Android Wear running original Playstation One games in emulation! Even though it's cool to see, when you think about it, it isn't that much of a technological hurdle at all. The original PS1 had a 33.9MHz RISC CPU, 2MB of RAM, and a 1MB GPU unit, while the LG G Watch has a single-core Snapdragon 400 SoC, running at 1.2GHz, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of storage, and an Adreno 305 GPU running at 450MHz.
EpicLPer was the person who uploaded the video and used ePSXe as his emulator of choice for the task. Hmmm... could old school gaming emulators be the "killer app" to make Android Wear devices more useful? Either way, it's pretty cool to see.
Nov 05, 2014 - 10:19 AM - by dgstorm
According to the latest internet intel, Google has decided to delay the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the older Nexus devices (like the Nexus 4,5,7 & 10) until November 12th. Apparently, the culprit for the delay is simply some last minute bug fixes. It's good to see that Google is taking their time to bake this one fully before taking it out of the oven.
Of course, it works out that this will delay the launch to coincide with the official full retail launch of the Nexus 6, so that may be a big part of it too. We will keep you updated if we receive any confirmation.
Nov 04, 2014 - 10:19 AM - by dgstorm
Here's some news that will be more interesting in a few weeks once more devices are in the market with Android 5.0. The HBO Go app has been updated to support Android 5.0 Lollipop. Of course, that's not all the update does. It also includes support for higher resolution playback. This makes sense considering many of the newest generation of devices are starting to come with 2650x1440 resolution. Here's a quick summary of what this app can do:
Now, if they would just hurry up and start offering HBO Go separately from the cable companies like they plan to do in 2015...
Introducing HBO GO®. The streaming service from HBO that lets you enjoy your favorite HBO shows, movies, comedy specials, sports, documentaries – plus behind-the-scenes extras and more. It’s every episode of every season of the best of HBO, free with your HBO subscription—now available on Android smartphones and tablets!
It’s HBO. Anywhere.
Free with your HBO subscription through participating television providers.
With the New HBO GO App You Can:
• Keep up with your favorites. Watch everything you love about HBO, including HBO original programming, hit movies, sports, comedy and every episode of the best HBO shows, including True Blood®, Game of Thrones®, Boardwalk Empire®, Girls, Veep, Curb Your Enthusiasm®, Entourage®, The Sopranos®, Sex and the City®, The Wire® and more. Plus, get bonus features and special behind-the-scenes extras!
• Take it with you: On the run or on the road, never miss a moment of your favorite HBO shows and hit movies with HBO GO on your laptop and select tablets and mobile devices.
• Make it your own: Make your HBO GO experience personal. Create a customized Watchlist and catch up on your favorite HBO shows and hit movies at your convenience. If you’re on the run, resume viewing titles from your Watchlist on your portable device including laptops and select tablets and mobile devices. Also set a Series Pass® to automatically send new episodes of your favorite HBO shows to your Watchlist.
• With HBO GO, watch new episodes of your favorite shows and hit movies simultaneously as they premiere on HBO.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the US. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply for mobile devices. ©2011 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
Source: HBO GO - Android Apps on Google Play
Oct 31, 2014 - 3:42 PM - by dgstorm
Oct 31, 2014 - 1:43 PM - by dgstorm
Matias Duarte of Google fame is showing off the camera quality of his new Nexus 6 by taking a couple of low-light Halloween shots. Both pics feature several Jack-o-lanterns at night and are pretty impressive. While we have no doubt that there are several phone cameras that take better shots than the Nexus 6, what is truly impressive is how much better these pics are compared to previous generation Nexus devices.
It probably shouldn't come as a surprise considering Google and Motorola went all out on the camera hardware this time by including a Sony IMX214 CMOS sensor with optical image stabilization (OIS). Sound off and let us know what you think.
Also, don't forget to check out our dedicated section for the Nexus 6 right here: Motorola Nexus 6 Android Forums at DroidForums.net
Oct 30, 2014 - 11:17 AM - by dgstorm
Even though Samsung's recent quarterly numbers were abysmal, their stock actually soared by 4.5%. That is only because the estimates were worse than the final results. Still, looking at these results you know that Samsung executives must be sweating bullets right now. The company's profits for Q3 tanked by 60% on the year down to $3.9 billion, and its revenue back-pedaled 20% to $44.6 billion. Ouch! If that's better than what analysts' estimated then the outlook must have been very grim.
The main reason that Sammy has been so hammered the past few quarters is two-fold. One, Apple has stepped up their game and has been rapidly stealing marketshare back from Samsung, especially with the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. This is putting extra pressure on Samsung at the high-end. The second factor bashing away at Samsung comes from the low-end market. Chinese manufacturers like Xiaomi, Huawei and others have been trouncing Samsung in the low-end markets where Sammy previously thrived.
It seems like a "perfect storm" of anti-Samsung tactical competition is weakening their position across the globe. Their are some analysts out there suggesting that Samsung is facing a "nightmare scenario." They are even comparing Samsung's precipitous drop to that of HTC or Nokia, both previous examples of former tech titans who were once the king of the hill, but are now struggling to survive (or got gobbled up in the case of Nokia). While it is highly unlikely that Samsung will ever fall as far as both of those companies did, it is likely the free-fall will not let up anytime soon.
Source: Samsung & BGR
» Recent Threads
» Search tags for this page
bionic release date,
droid bionic release,
droid bionic release date,
motorola bionic release date,
motorola droid bionic,
motorola droid bionic release date,
samsung galaxy s2 release date,
samsung galaxy s2 verizon,
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Top Poster: UltraDroid
» Site Navigation
» Android.net App
» Android.net Email
» Today's Birthdays
10 members and 336 guests
Most users ever online was 4,669, 05-14-2014 at 03:32 AM.